Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I remove the rear license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to remove the license plate on the model S (the rear one with the chrome Tesla holder)? :confused:
I've tried turning the chrome covers, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Never thought I would ask how to remove a license plate!

I'm going to put on personalized plates.

You're reminding me of something I had forgotten: the frustrating job of putting new plates on ours during the first few days we had it. We had already gotten the plates in advance. But when trying to install them, first, there was no chrome Tesla frame on the car, and second, I had a devil of a time getting the paper temporary plate off the car because the screw anchors just rotated around in their holes, and offered no purchase to keep them from turning. It was even harder getting screws back into them with the new plate.

Anyhow, I have an SC appointment to have the hitch catcher installed, and will see what can be done about this as well. Thanks for the reminder.