Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best meter for garage charging outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to attach a meter to the garage charging outlet (NEMA 14-50) I'm about to have installed in my garage, so I can track the electricity usage. I figure I want something with a non-resettable total, plus one or two resettable counters, similar to a car odometer.

What are my options? I don't want to spend a ton, but don't want something cheap, either. Is there something everyone's using?

Is there a 240v version of a Kill-A-Watt that's tweetable? That would be cool from a remote monitoring perspective.

Those cable clamp monitors won't apply in my case, where the circuit is most likely going to be shared with the solar 240v/40a that was recently pulled through the garage.

Reviving the thread
I had a TED5000 on the house but it died this month, kind of pissed off.
I am impressed about the EKM meter - the 'cloud' access of the data is not there compared to the TED, but does 240 V nicely, if you are willing to copy numbers every once in a while. EKM Metering | Electric Meters | Gas Meters | Water Meters

The TED still seems awesome although a bit outdated