Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Ordered and Received VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lurked on here the last month or so, and spouse and I pulled the trigger and ordered our S.

We went with the following:
- Multicoat Red
- Tech
- Supercharger
- Pano
- Leather seating
- Carbon Fiber
- Interior lighting
- Console (waitlist)

Debated on a few items - and here's the net analysis:
- 80 vs 60: warranty, peace of mind in driving distances, potential higher resale, battery aging and losing distance
- Red vs Black (ability to keep it clean, avoid swirls, showing dirt, lots of black cars); Gray/Silver (lots of gray/silver cars, we've had multiple cars in this family of colors - BUT they do hide dirt the most); Dark Blue (almost went for this, but in the end, just too much like a black.. doesn't pop).
- Carbon Fiber - selected over Piano Black, primarily because over time, I assume it'll get all those micro scratches and just look like crap
- Interior lighting - hate having to spend $1k on it, but if you're spending this much on the car, make it cool
- Console - definite need

The only other things to decide (and would welcome opinions of others):
- tinting - how much and which windows?
- opticoat - is it needed?
- service contract - recommended?
- trunk mat - does it come in black?

Views of others is appreciated!

Thanks

Congrats! It is interesting how besides Tech Package (and Supercharger), you selected pretty much the options that I didn't, and left out the options I considered essential. :) Just goes to show that it is good to have options to choose from.

Sorry I don't have answers to your questions, probably some more local people can chime in.

Lurked on here the last month or so, and spouse and I pulled the trigger and ordered our S.

The only other things to decide (and would welcome opinions of others):
- tinting - how much and which windows?
- opticoat - is it needed?
- service contract - recommended?
- trunk mat - does it come in black?

Views of others is appreciated!

Thanks

I picked up my car this past Saturday. I have been reading the threads on opticoat, and have decided to do it. I don't know if it is needed, but it does preserve your paint and will protect your investment. And, it looks great. I will not be tinting my windows...personal choice.

Regarding the service contract, why pay now for something that only costs $600, once a year? You don't really save that much, and it appears many people skip the annual service, as it is not required to maintain your warranty.

Opticoat. I should have opticoated my red 85 as soon as I got it.

What happened to it?

I've always used a bigger automatic car wash near my office for my other cars--had the monthly unlimited wash plan so my car was always clean. But now I don't know what to do with the Tesla. Will it really be all scratched up from a soft cloth car wash? Do I have to opticoat it to regularly use an automatic carwash? I have not yet washed it as I don't know what to do with it. :)

Thanks for any other experiences.

Congrats on the car, the multi-coat red is beautiful!!

-m