Lurked on here the last month or so, and spouse and I pulled the trigger and ordered our S.
We went with the following:
- Multicoat Red
- Leather seating
- Carbon Fiber
- Interior lighting
- Console (waitlist)
Debated on a few items - and here's the net analysis:
- 80 vs 60: warranty, peace of mind in driving distances, potential higher resale, battery aging and losing distance
- Red vs Black (ability to keep it clean, avoid swirls, showing dirt, lots of black cars); Gray/Silver (lots of gray/silver cars, we've had multiple cars in this family of colors - BUT they do hide dirt the most); Dark Blue (almost went for this, but in the end, just too much like a black.. doesn't pop).
- Carbon Fiber - selected over Piano Black, primarily because over time, I assume it'll get all those micro scratches and just look like crap
- Interior lighting - hate having to spend $1k on it, but if you're spending this much on the car, make it cool
- Console - definite need
The only other things to decide (and would welcome opinions of others):
- tinting - how much and which windows?
- opticoat - is it needed?
- service contract - recommended?
- trunk mat - does it come in black?
Views of others is appreciated!