Thread: All Ordered and Received VIN

All Ordered and Received VIN

Lurked on here the last month or so, and spouse and I pulled the trigger and ordered our S.

We went with the following:
    - Multicoat Red
    - Tech
    - Supercharger
    - Pano
    - Leather seating
    - Carbon Fiber
    - Interior lighting
    - Console (waitlist)

Debated on a few items - and here's the net analysis:
    - 80 vs 60: warranty, peace of mind in driving distances, potential higher resale, battery aging and losing distance
    - Red vs Black (ability to keep it clean, avoid swirls, showing dirt, lots of black cars); Gray/Silver (lots of gray/silver cars, we've had multiple cars in this family of colors - BUT they do hide dirt the most); Dark Blue (almost went for this, but in the end, just too much like a black.. doesn't pop).
    - Carbon Fiber - selected over Piano Black, primarily because over time, I assume it'll get all those micro scratches and just look like crap
    - Interior lighting - hate having to spend $1k on it, but if you're spending this much on the car, make it cool
    - Console - definite need

The only other things to decide (and would welcome opinions of others):
    - tinting - how much and which windows?
    - opticoat - is it needed?
    - service contract - recommended?
    - trunk mat - does it come in black?

Views of others is appreciated!

Thanks

Congrats! It is interesting how besides Tech Package (and Supercharger), you selected pretty much the options that I didn't, and left out the options I considered essential. Just goes to show that it is good to have options to choose from.

Sorry I don't have answers to your questions, probably some more local people can chime in.
    Ordered my Metallic Grey S85 with tech package, air suspension, parking sensors, winter package on 2014-01-17, VIN 34491, expected delivery in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky Marky View Post
    Lurked on here the last month or so, and spouse and I pulled the trigger and ordered our S.

The only other things to decide (and would welcome opinions of others):
    - tinting - how much and which windows?
    - opticoat - is it needed?
    - service contract - recommended?
    - trunk mat - does it come in black?

Views of others is appreciated!

Thanks
    I picked up my car this past Saturday. I have been reading the threads on opticoat, and have decided to do it. I don't know if it is needed, but it does preserve your paint and will protect your investment. And, it looks great. I will not be tinting my windows...personal choice.

Regarding the service contract, why pay now for something that only costs $600, once a year? You don't really save that much, and it appears many people skip the annual service, as it is not required to maintain your warranty.
    Model S 85KWh / Blue Metallic / Grey Nappa Leather / Pano Roof / Obeche Gloss / HPWC / Tech / Parking Sensors / Fog Lamps / UHFS / Premium Ltg. / Parcel Shelf / 19" Primacy Tires / Ordered and Confirmed 3.7.14 /In Production 4.11.14 (35 days from Confirmation)/Production Complete 4.17.14 / Delivered 4.19.14 10AM (43 days from confirmation) / #36856 (assigned 3.12.14)

Opticoat. I should have opticoated my red 85 as soon as I got it.
    P85 | MC Red | Tan Performance Interior | Carbon Fiber Accents | Carbon Fiber Spoiler | 21" Grey Wheels | Leather Accents | Fuzzy Headliner Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    Opticoat. I should have opticoated my red 85 as soon as I got it.

What happened to it?

I've always used a bigger automatic car wash near my office for my other cars--had the monthly unlimited wash plan so my car was always clean. But now I don't know what to do with the Tesla. Will it really be all scratched up from a soft cloth car wash? Do I have to opticoat it to regularly use an automatic carwash? I have not yet washed it as I don't know what to do with it.

Thanks for any other experiences.

Congrats on the car, the multi-coat red is beautiful!!

-m
    2014 Model S: delivery 3-29-2014, S85, Gray/Black Perf, Piano, 19" Aero's, Panoramic, Twin chargers, Tech, Air, Parking, Fogs, Sound, Jump Seats, Lighting, Subzero, Parcel
    also: 1999 Mercedes S500 Grand Edition --- 2004 Mercedes E320 4MATIC wagon (wife's) --- 1992 Mercedes 300D 2.5 Turbodiesel

Thread Information