Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat tire replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I took delivery of an inventory model S (3900 miles), and ran over something that punctured the tire on the first day :eek: Very slow leak (TPMS hasn't gone off in two days, and it looks like I haven't lost any real pressure yet).

Anyways, the tire needs to be replaced, and I am just wondering if I can get by just replacing one tire, and if it should go on the front (don't want to hurt the rear differential?) or if I should rotate it to the rear (because it will get more wear). Any opinion on this?

It's the Michelin primacy 245/45/19.

FLAT_n.jpg

Sucks, but I LOVE THE CAR. Also, I was thinking of just fixing the flat with a patch/plug myself (I've done it before) and risking the "CATASTROPHIC RESULTS" if I need to use it as a spare, in the future.

I had a slow leak a few months ago and took the car to the service center. It turned out that a nail was in the tire and
the only solution the SC could offer was replacing the tire. I had about 12k miles on the car and didn't want to replace 2 tires because you really can't just replace one... at least I wouldn't. I took the car to America's Tire Company and they patched it for free. That's just what they do. Fantastic service and zero cost to me even though I didn't purchase the tires from them.