Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blink charging stations along PA Turnpike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is someone supposed to do at a service plaza while the car charges on Blink at 17 miles of range per hour? Blink chargers are for destinations, not way stations. At least put in high amp level 2 if it's not going to be a supercharger location.

Yeah this is marginally better than a stick in the eye, but it certainly is a far cry from the Level 3 chargers they promised us last summer at these locations. Of course, those would likely have been Eaton ChaDeMo chargers, for which we lack an adapter currently.

We need one more SpC on the PA Turnpike and we should be fully covered from end-to-end. Though one near King of Prussia/Philly in addition to one in Carlisle/Harrisburg would likely be a welcome addition.

Tesla did a test drive event last Friday and Saturday in Harrisburg. One of the Tesla employees stated that the supercharger would most likely be right off the Carlisle exit between the Turnpike and Rt81. Hope this helps.

Nice. This makes loads of sense, and is better than New Cumberland. There is a nice parking lot that includes a Subway, a pizza joint and an ice cream stand just past the Sheetz off the Carlisle exit on Rt 11...that is where I would put it.

Nice. This makes loads of sense, and is better than New Cumberland. There is a nice parking lot that includes a Subway, a pizza joint and an ice cream stand just past the Sheetz off the Carlisle exit on Rt 11...that is where I would put it.

I agree that it makes the most sense but I often take I-81 to 15 South when passing through Harrisburg. My selfish side is now a little disappointed.

Would be nice to have a SC in Hamburgh, PA near Cabela's off of Rt 62 and I 78. Would wervice travelers going west and also east to NY, NJ.

The project foreman of the Newkirk Electric crew that built the Cranberry Supercharger lives right near Hamburg. We actually discussed that the Cabela's plaza there would be a great site as well. And I am sure he would love a project so close to home! Maybe if the Whitehall / Lehigh Valley Mall location doesn't pan out, they would go after Hamburg. Whitehall has the advantage of being much closer to 476 as well. And they definitely don't need both sites.

PS, I often stay in Wyomissing when I do work for UGI Utilities.

Would be nice to have a SC in Hamburgh, PA near Cabela's off of Rt 62 and I 78. Would wervice travelers going west and also east to NY, NJ.

The project foreman of the Newkirk Electric crew that built the Cranberry Supercharger lives right near Hamburg. We actually discussed that the Cabela's plaza there would be a great site as well. And I am sure he would love a project so close to home! Maybe if the Whitehall / Lehigh Valley Mall location doesn't pan out, they would go after Hamburg. Whitehall has the advantage of being much closer to 476 as well. And they definitely don't need both sites.

PS, I often stay in Wyomissing when I do work for UGI Utilities.

Being selfish (and living 3 minutes away from Cabela's) I'd stick with Whitehall :p. If I can't make it the last 4 miles home from Cabela's, I've screwed up. I'd say maybe something further west on 78, like where 81 and 78 meet.