Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anniversary of my MS60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One year ago today, I picked up my black beauty from the Costa Mesa SvC. Like so many before me (and everyone after) I was giddy with anticipation. I did not know what I had gotten myself into, had a lot of uneasiness with purchasing a car from a new company with possibilities that it may go under... and plopping down a ginormous amount of money (3x more than any car I've ever bought). perhaps I was smoking something (ha!) but after a week of mulling it over I took the plunge.

One year later I am still loving the car and am still giddy. It is an electric car with so much more style, grace, and power/speed than any other. My car now has 18500 miles driven. That's a 50% increase in miles driven than I normally drive in a year. That shows how much fun one has when driving. My very first trip was a trip to Palm Springs, 6 days after picking up the car. Definitely had some range anxiety but my pre-planning and helpful suggestions from fellow owners made the trip enjoyable and I never worried about range again. I have driven to SD, Magic Mountain, and even Napa. i am fortunate to live in CA, where the Superchargers and L2 chargers are more abundant.

Looking forward to the next year and beyond and the many improvements to the charging network, the car, and the follow-on vehicles.

Happy Easter, Ishtar or MJ day everyone!

It's only been nine months for me and my S60. But my average driving went up 100% over the consistent 8k miles a year I did each of the last 11 years...
I was so giddy after the test drive, I wasn't able to wait and bought the car on the showroom floor and took it home less than a week later. Haven't regretted the decision.
(except for the moments where I wish I had a MC red S85 instead of a gray S60...) :)