Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Los Angeles Supercharger location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
I see that the coming soon page on TM shows a second SC somewhere very close to the Hawthorne SC. I remember someone else started a thread on this, but I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone have any clue as to the location of this beast? This would be very helpful given the massive over-crowding at Hawthorne.

I saw the dot on the supercharger map as well. To do it right, Tesla will need six or more Supercharger locations in the LA area to support transit in and out of LA. The rule of thumb of placing a SC every 90-110 miles doesn't really cut it in a dense metropolitan area with a population of 13-17 million people. Major routes, such as the 5, 10, 14, 15, 91, 210 and 215, are really not supported inside the city. It kinda bugs me that aside from trips North up the 5 or 101, I can't really take my Model S outside the immediate local area. SJC, Oxnard and Redlands will help, but we still need support for trips to Big Bear, Palmdale, Palm Springs, Temecula, etc.

Are you talking about the San Juan Capistrano charger dot?

No. On the coming soon page, there is a second dot that overlaps the Hawthorne SC location. I have not heard any rumor/speculation at to what/where that is. The dot is ever so slightly north of the Hawthorne dot. Since there is no zoom feature, I cannot guesstimate where it might be. Perhaps on the I-10?

there is a second dot that overlaps the Hawthorne SC location ... ever so slightly north of the Hawthorne dot
I noticed that, too ... a new Service Center opened recently a little North of Hawthorne, near the Fox Hills Mall, which is in the general area of that dot, and I thought maybe the plan was to put some superchargers there as well ... so I drove by there yesterday, but didn't see any place where they could go ... also asked one of the techs there, but he had no idea what I was talking about ... I realize this is a "non-answer" and doesn't offer any valuable or useful information, but I just wanted to let you know you're not hallucinating, and there does appear to be some mystery about this dot that I, too, am very curious about

O.K. we know about Rancho Cucamonga CA and Cabazon CA, so this (other) one's location is still a question. Hummmm...... Where? It has to be out there somewhere! Slightly northeast of Hawthorne CA? ..... guessing near major interstate/U.S. 101 intersection...... I'm puzzled?!?!?!:crying: as to its location:crying:

O.K. we know about Rancho Cucamonga CA and Cabazon CA, so this (other) one's location is still a question. Hummmm...... Where? It has to be out there somewhere! Slightly northeast of Hawthorne CA? ..... guessing near major interstate/U.S. 101 intersection...... I'm puzzled?!?!?!:crying: as to its location:crying:

I think it has to be off the 5 somewhere so north-south traffic doesn't need to detour to Hawthorne. Maybe somewhere near the intersection of the 5 and the 10?

I'm going with the UCLA area. Like..... S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90007
That is purely a guess but I wanted to put it out there.....! Right in that area... !! ......More guessing...... 16 pedestals.... Carl's Jr parking lot!:cool: Smack dab in the heart of the LA area!! M3 buyers delight!! (I don't Know how to make the three lined sign for the M3!!!)

I copied it! Model
☰ !!

Tesla Model ☰

Last edited:
I'm going with the UCLA area. Like..... S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA 90007
That is purely a guess but I wanted to put it out there.....! Right in that area... !! ......More guessing...... 16 pedestals.... Carl's Jr parking lot!:cool: Smack dab in the heart of the LA area!! M3 buyers delight!! (I don't Know how to make the three lined sign for the M3!!!)

I copied it! Model
☰ !!

Tesla Model ☰
Hahaha! I think you mean USC. UCLA is in Westwood.

I spent the first thirty years of my life in Glendale. I blew out of town in '83, so my familiarity with possible charging locations may be stuck in decades past. I would suppose that the Griffith Park area would be possible, or maybe around the Glendale Galleria, but traffic in and out could be awful during much of the day. Western Pasadena might have some places too. Even the Chinatown area north of Downtown Los Angeles ("forget it Jake, it's Chinatown") has Phillippe's and a few other dining possibilities but would be tough during rush hour and Dodger game traffic.

"Hahaha! I think you mean USC. UCLA is in Westwood" Just a small correction: The correct name for Westwood High is FUcla. (Fight On!) :p