Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And now I play the waiting game.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off I want to apologize for not becoming a TMC member and sharing my story as soon as I ordered. I have enjoyed reading other's stories. I hope you enjoy mine. Here we go.

I finally ordered my Model S on 3/30. I didn't confirm until 4/10. Over that span, I logged onto MyTesla daily. I found that every time I went to edit/view my design, my wild side tried to convince me to add this option and that option and this and that. I went over every option at least a dozen times. Then my sensible side would tell me I didn't need it and would have no use for it. But then the next day the process would restart. In the end, my sensible side prevailed and I only got the options I deemed necessary.

I went for my test drive back in early October at the Tampa SC back when it was just a SC. I went into the test drive about 50% sure I wanted a Model S. I have spent a lot of time researching Tesla. I knew my stuff. I missed the turn to enter the SC because I couldn't look away from the Model Ss parked out front. I'm sure I'm not the only one it has happened to. Being in the presence of 6-8 Model Ss at the same time was an experience on its own. Other worldly some might say. Then I got in the car. I was blown away. Now I was 70% sure. Then I stepped on the accelerator. BAM, 100% sure. Just like that. I haven't been inside a Model S since (7 months) and I still remember it like it was a few minutes ago. It's amazing that a car can do that. I currently drive a Prius and I do not remember the first time I sat it that. Heck, I don't remember the last time I sat in it.
icon12.gif
So what does that say?

Since the test drive I have been doing research both on these forums and on other mediums. My cousin will text me news about Tesla and I text him back "That was so yesterdays news." He's determined to give me news that I haven't discovered yet. The day it happens is the day I let my guard down.

Now to my Model S. The configuration is- 60kWh, MC Red, Pano, and Supercharging.

I didn't add a whole lot because I felt I didn't need them. Sure I want them, but not need. Since the Model S was a stretch as it was, I tried to reduce the options. The one option that was a must was MC Red. It is by far the best color I have seen. Not just on the S but of any car. Well worth the $1,500. Slowly over several months I saw every color. One by one I was more excited for the next color I would see. Then it happened. A Model S pulled in front of me one day. The reaction I had when I saw the MC red (5th color) was unlike the reaction I had when I saw any other color. My immediate reaction told me that that was my choice. I later found out that it was Xhawk101 that I saw. Thank you Xhawk101 for making my color choice so easy.

I am due for a 6/21 tentative delivery date. I haven't received my VIN yet (anxiously waiting).

I'm losing my mind knowing that I have another 2 months until delivery. I am doing little things daily to prepare for delivery. It helps ease the nerves. Next major step is to install the 14-50 outlet. My father was an electrician so the outlet installation is all but done.

This is to Elon and the Tesla team. You should be extremely proud of the product and change you are creating. My view on life has changed dramatically because of you. It takes something or someone very special to create the kind of change that is happening. I never thought I would feel this passionate about a vehicle, or anything really, but I do. Tesla is changing things for the better and you have one more supporter.

I look forward to getting to know many of you. I'm open to any advise or comments.

Whatever you do, you should consider the Tech package. I know it is rather expensive, but you need to really review the things that are included in it---there is so much, that if you break it down it is one of the cheapest options you can get on the car per feature. If there ever is a time in the future that you may want to sell or trade the car in on a new model, the Tech package will pay you back. Just my thoughts. BTW-you can modify your order up to production without delaying your delivery date.

Hey, FLDarren! Welcome and congrats! I'm in Seminole with a blue 60, small world. While not red, if you need a Tesla fix before June I'd be happy to let you drive mine anytime!

Also, if you'd like to join the FL group, click the link in my signature below.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, you should consider the Tech package. I know it is rather expensive, but you need to really review the things that are included in it---there is so much, that if you break it down it is one of the cheapest options you can get on the car per feature. If there ever is a time in the future that you may want to sell or trade the car in on a new model, the Tech package will pay you back. Just my thoughts. BTW-you can modify your order up to production without delaying your delivery date.

I 1,000% agree. The *experience* of the car is not near what it should be without the Tech Package. IMHO, any other option is just that--an option. They automatic keyless entry alone is worth it's weight in gold--something I really didn't think was going to be that big of a thing.

PS: (to anyone out there) Does the car really not come with Navigation if you don't get the tech package?

Welcome to the club!

-m

I'm another who ordered without the tech package and don't think I will miss it at all, though I do agree it might affect resale a little bit. In the end it was just too much for stuff I never use or would even notice was there (DRL, cornering lights and handle lights, auto-folding mirrors, driver profiles - like i'd let anyone drive it anyways!) and nav gets some pretty bad reviews here on TMC. The only useable feature to me is the auto-dimming mirrors, but thats not worth 3750!. Even the power lift-gate, its not like I have to hold the truck up with my hands - it just doesn't use a motor to open and close it for me.

I wouldn't second guess your options, I ended up with a very similar configuration, I originally ordered a stock 60kWH but couldn't resist the pano roof being 6'3'' and having a lot of tall friends that will be sure to want a ride.

Did you get a chance to see the textile seats in person? To me that is the biggest wild-card, I have only seen the pictures online and the small sample in the stores. I know I wouldn't be able to take care of the leather seats the way they need to be but really hope the textile doesn't look cheap and holds up well to kids!

Welcome to the club! I have an MC Red in Tampa, and live two blocks away from another MC Red owner. Those are the only two I've seen locally. I absolutely love the color.

i also know that Chris (Btrflyl8e) has secretly lusted over the MC red cars she has seen...........

FWIW, I agree that you should take another look at adding the tech package. Those features add a WOW factor to the car.

Congrats!!! Please do add Tech Pkg as suggested by others. Also please seriously consider upgrading to. 85 kWh battery. Parking sensors is another great feature to add. This will add 12k to the cost but you don't buy Model S every day.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I emailed my DS Ben to see if the Tech Package could be added. Hopefully I'm not too late. Out of all the options, the Tech Package was the option I mulled over the most. I definitely want the WOW factor.

BTW, I thought I would break the cycle of MC red owners named Steve.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I emailed my DS Ben to see if the Tech Package could be added. Hopefully I'm not too late. Out of all the options, the Tech Package was the option I mulled over the most. I definitely want the WOW factor.

BTW, I thought I would break the cycle of MC red owners named Steve.
THANK YOU. Although we were starting to think that "Christal and the Steves" was a good name for a rock band.

Hey, June 21 just happens to be the 3rd Saturday of that month, so that's Cars & Coffee at Dupont Registry. It's super early in the am, but typically delivery dates are actually a week sooner than the original quote. It sure would be fun if you got it before then, assuming you'd like to check it out!

Agree with the others on the usefulness of the tech package. I thought I'd be cost conscious with our first MS, but immediately regretted the decision. Our second MS is red (love the color) and the tech pack. If you had to lose anything, consider the pano roof. Nice, but not essential - I use it on occasion, but have never seen anyone else with the top open.

Got word back from Ben saying he would see if the Tech Package could be added. I really hope I'm not too late. I really did not expect to hear back on Easter, but this is Tesla I'm dealing with. Great customer service so far. Impressed.

About Cars and Coffee, I'm definitely up for going if I get my car earlier. I know that place is a wealth of knowledge and interesting people. When and where do I sign up?

Hey, June 21 just happens to be the 3rd Saturday of that month, so that's Cars & Coffee at Dupont Registry. It's super early in the am, but typically delivery dates are actually a week sooner than the original quote. It sure would be fun if you got it before then, assuming you'd like to check it out!

Im around that weekend (so far). Might be time for another visit. Will need to gather "the Steves".

Got word back from Ben saying he would see if the Tech Package could be added. I really hope I'm not too late. I really did not expect to hear back on Easter, but this is Tesla I'm dealing with. Great customer service so far. Impressed.

About Cars and Coffee, I'm definitely up for going if I get my car earlier. I know that place is a wealth of knowledge and interesting people. When and where do I sign up?
Of course you can come even if you don't have your car yet and just hang out with me and the Steves. No need to sign up, you just show up! As it gets closer I'll send out some details. If you don't have your car by then you could even ride with me if you'd like... But it's really early if you want to display your car!

- - - Updated - - -

Im around that weekend (so far). Might be time for another visit. Will need to gather "the Steves".
Sweet! Haven't seen you in a while, I've been shirking my Tesla saleswoman responsibilities!

I normally find textile seats to look cheap, but the Tesla textile seats are the nicest I've seen. I might have considered them myself had I seen a MS in person at all before I bought it!

I agree, I have seen them in person too and they are very nice. I really wanted the red piping to I had to go leather--otherwise I would have gone textile I think.

-m