Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Ynez Wine Country in a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
I just returned from a magnificent few days in Santa Ynez wine country. Such beautiful countryside and wonderful wine.

This was my first time there in a couple of years. Fortunately, the Buellton SC was only 4 miles from my B&B. We drove up from L.A. and grabbed a charge, only to 190. We didn't feel like waiting any longer as we were anxious to get to the B&B. The following day, I hired a designated driver from http://www.winetastingdd.com. Our driver was Eric, who met us at our B&B, and drove us around in our own car. He was thrilled to be driving his first MS, and even asked me to take pictures of him with it. I was afraid that he would need some time to adapt to it, but he didn't. It was also my very first time that I rode in the back seat. I must admit, I did have some range anxiety, but relaxed when I saw that we would return with at least 70 miles even with a heavy foot.

Surprisingly, in the few days that I was there, I did not see a single other MS, except on the way home when I saw 2 others at the SC.

Anyway, it was really nice hitting all those country roads and wineries in my MS. The down side was that I did little of the driving myself. The plus side was that I could do most of the drinking.:cool:

Love the DD idea for wine tasting rather than he sedan or limo. Going to napa in September and May now use a DD instead of limo.

Yes. Absolutely the way to go. The limo and wine tour companies are often influenced by kick-backs. If not, they usually have scheduled tours. This is so much more personalized, and quite affordable.