Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Armor and Upgraded Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Paint Armor did not prevent rock penetration of the film on my Model S. I had the paint armor in the front bumper removed. I had Opticoat Pro applied yesterday and had XPel applied today. Those with XPel claim it is self healing and vouch for preventing rock chips from penetrating the film. I also thought the partial film on the hood looked terrible with a pronounced line across the hood. I paid more for the upgraded interior and can't say it was cost effective. On the other hand I can't say I am not happy with my interior. I do really like the carbon fiber trim that was not available on all models when I ordered mine.

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. I don't think I care too much about the sport seats if its just a difference in the upholstery. I thought they would be upgraded to some space aged professional race car type of seating, but if its just different material, then screw it.

The paint armor seems to be something i can decide on as an after market addition too, so i'm probably going to hold off also.

Thanks again for all the info.

Of all the options the only one I later regretted getting was the paint armor. Get an aftermarket product

+1

xpel ultimate is the best. You can can a full frontal installed for around $2000-2500. It won't leave lines down the middle of your hood and it is self healing.

Xpel can still be penetrated by rocks or gravel. However it is much much stronger than the paint armor you can get with the car. My only recommendation would be to not wait to long to protect it!!