Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla on Ebay - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla on Ebay

Anything wrong with this car on Ebay?

Item # 261452502881
VIN 5YJSA1DP4CFP02248

List Date: 4/18/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Tesla on Ebay
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

Mobile friendly version: Tesla on Ebay

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

How does that happen when there was only 1 bid?

Simple. He changes the starting bid to $75,000, then has one of his buddies bid on it, hoping to get a 2nd bidder to up the bid.
Of course this is illegal, but difficult to prove... If there is no 2nd bid, the original bidder cancels the bid 24 hours before the auction closes (can't cancel a bid with less than a day left), or simply disappears... Happens all the time on eBay.

Simple. He changes the starting bid to $75,000, then has one of his buddies bid on it, hoping to get a 2nd bidder to up the bid.
Of course this is illegal, but difficult to prove... If there is no 2nd bid, the original bidder cancels the bid 24 hours before the auction closes (can't cancel a bid with less than a day left), or simply disappears... Happens all the time on eBay.

This isn't what happened though.. if he did that, it would be a different item number. I have this on my watch list and the number hasn't changed. Also, you can't change the price after there is a bid, and there was 1 bid earlier when it was $65K.

This isn't what happened though.. if he did that, it would be a different item number. I have this on my watch list and the number hasn't changed. Also, you can't change the price after there is a bid, and there was 1 bid earlier when it was $65K.

He could have cancelled the $65K bid, changed the starting price to $75K, and someone bid on it (you can't tell if they are a "real" buyer or not). The item number doesn't change unless the seller cancels the auction. Starting price shows as $75K on April 14th 7:30PDT.. This is what happened, since it's a 5 day auction and ends in a day or so.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Last edited:
The starting bid was 75000 with Buy It Now at 82500. As soon as someone placed a bid on the car, the Buy It Now price disappeared.
Previous two auctions ended with Reserved Not Met. Unless someone placed another bid, the price will stay at 75000 until auction ends.