Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macon, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received word that the lease and permits have been signed this week. Construction should start next week. The location is supposed to be behind the Macon-Bibb County Convention & Visitors Bureau.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/hn1HHd
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

I've highlighted the area where I believe the Superchargers will be located but it's just a guess.

Macon.png

I must be missing something, but this is not the greatest location for linking Atlanta to the rest of the south. Cant get any further away from I475?

It's only 5 minutes off I-75 and about the same from I-16 (to Savannah) - a good compromise IMO. I believe someone (airj1012?) said the Supercharger team fell in love with the historic downtown area and presumably got a good deal from the Macon-Bibb County Convention Center people.

The Macon SuperCharger is close to I-75 and I-16 so that serves both I-16/I-95 traffic via Savannah and north/south traffic on I-75. If it was placed on I-475 then anyone traveling on or to I-16 would have to cut across the city as the terminal interchanges of I-475 to I-75 do not have ramps from I-475 to I-75 going into the city.

I must be missing something, but this is not the greatest location for linking Atlanta to the rest of the south. Cant get any further away from I475?

The Macon SuperCharger is close to I-75 and I-16 so that serves both I-16/I-95 traffic via Savannah and north/south traffic on I-75. If it was placed on I-475 then anyone traveling on or to I-16 would have to cut across the city as the terminal interchanges of I-475 to I-75 do not have ramps from I-475 to I-75 going into the city.

fuelsman is correct. I expected the station to be on I-75 and not I-475. Sure 475 is better for going south, but putting it in Macon on I75 makes it easy to get to Savannah (and thus I-95) as well as getting to Florida via I-75.

In reality going I-75 only adds a few minutes to the trip through Macon. I-457 isn't that great of a cut off. It is about 6 miles or 10 minutes.