Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't decide on my color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my wife picked blue for us. six months later she wishes she chose pearl white. try to see as may as you can on the road. which ever one gives you the most tingles is the winner. based on your reaction to seeing red everywhere (or perception of seeing red everywhere) you are probably wise to consider other colors.

best of luck in nailing down all the options!

To be honest - every color looks good in the Model S. You will not be disappointed. You will be disappointed in how quickly is gets DIRTY. I would recommend you getting a silicone/synthetic sealer and/or wrap your car. I got the factory wrap and it works great.

The pano roof seems to look better on the darker models, where it can blend in. I think red or white look better without pano roof. Grey seems to show off the shape of the car best. My personal choice was red, which gets a lot of attention.

We seriously considered 5 of the 9 colours before settling on one. It was by far the hardest choice when we were buying.

As others say, they all look good. Red is an attention-getter; blue, green and brown look great in the sun but can look pretty dark in dim lighting or cloudy conditions; silver hides road dirt best; black looks very sharp when clean but it's hard to keep clean, and white has a simple, clean elegance. Some discussion on TMC forums suggested the two whites are pretty similar (I'm sure some will disagree) so we opted to save the money and go with the regular white. I still love it and have absolutely no regrets.

One other tip: pick your favourite when you place the order, but don't confirm the order until you've gone at least a few days without questioning your choice. It's easier to tell if you're happy if you feel like you've decided. The colour was the only thing we changed after ordering.

My favorite color is white on this car, but I got a blue P85 with grey wheels and LOVE the way it looks. I agree that all the colors look good on this car, but certain colors looks best with the darker wheels. Blue, Green, and Brown would all be colors that I would opt for the darker wheels. Red is stunning, but I've always steered away from red cars. Just a personal preference.

I've always bought cars that aren't the standard colors that most cars are (grey, tan, white, black), so brown, blue and green were my top picks. I test drove a green and didn't like the shade as much as I thought I would. Picked brown because it was more unusual than blue. Couldn't be happier. LOVE LOVE it. All the colors are fantastic, but I saw a blue one recently and thought it was gorgeous too.