Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blatant plug for motel charging in Scottsdale AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a pleasant experience I wanted to share.

I made a reservation at a mid-grade motel in Scottsdale, AZ, which is about 3 blocks from the Tesla Showroom. We've used this same motel, Best Western Sundial, about 3 times when we go visit our kid in Phoenix. As I was wrapping up the reservation details, the guy on the phone asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

"How about putting in a 14-50 outlet by the pool for me??!" He said he would check on it, and I never heard another word until my wife and I walked in last week. The front desk guys evidently were expecting us. "Aren't you the folks with the Tesla?" Yeah. "Well the owner is putting in an outlet for you. Should be ready before you leave."

And it was. Got a full charge for putzing around Phoenix/Scottsdale, and then for heading out to come back home in Napa Valley.

I offered to help pay for it, but he wasn't interested. Got to make a couple suggestions, took him for a ride and let him drive. He says he doesn't plan to charge any Tesla that may want to use it, so I expect some folks may just plug in, walk over to the mall for a while, and come back later.

If you need a place to stay while in Scottsdale area, I would recommend checking this out.

I made a reservation at a mid-grade motel in Scottsdale, AZ, which is about 3 blocks from the Tesla Showroom. We've used this same motel, Best Western Sundial, about 3 times when we go visit our kid in Phoenix. As I was wrapping up the reservation details, the guy on the phone asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

"How about putting in a 14-50 outlet by the pool for me??!" He said he would check on it, and I never heard another word until my wife and I walked in last week. The front desk guys evidently were expecting us. "Aren't you the folks with the Tesla?" Yeah. "Well the owner is putting in an outlet for you. Should be ready before you leave."

And it was. Got a full charge for putzing around Phoenix/Scottsdale, and then for heading out to come back home in Napa Valley.

I offered to help pay for it, but he wasn't interested. Got to make a couple suggestions, took him for a ride and let him drive. He says he doesn't plan to charge any Tesla that may want to use it, so I expect some folks may just plug in, walk over to the mall for a while, and come back later.

If you need a place to stay while in Scottsdale area, I would recommend checking this out.
maybe a wiki that lists tesla friendly businesses that we encounter should be posted. we should be spending our money where it is appreciated

Great work!!!

Please put this location on Plugshare with a good review!