Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use the Centralia Burgerville charger recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used it Feb 17th when I drove to Olympia for the Tesla Rally vs. the bill to stop direct sales of Teslas in WA.

I used the supercharger for most of my power but stopped and had lunch and charged at Burgerville because I am grateful for their long standing support of Teslas, EVs, and sustainable options.

You could also give them a call.

I can verify that the roadster charger is working. Charged about 2 hours.

I thought that you needed the Roadster HPC to Model S adapter. Apparently not. I figured you had a 40kWh Model S without Supercharging and that is why you were asking about the adapter.

Does anyone know who is in posession of the adapter in Ellensburg? If I can track it down I can get it today. I know the city was talking about removing the station.

The plan was to move it back to Burgerville after the Ellensburg gig. Then there was hopes of paring it with another Roadster HPC on a route that needed a boost.

I can't log into the Google groups anymore. I don't want to bother with setting up a new account just for the group again. The way the Google Group messages worked was a bit messy anyway.

Last edited:
I thought that you needed the Roadster HPC to Model S adapter. Apparently not. I figured you had a 40kWh Model S without Supercharging and that is why you were asking about the adapter.

Does anyone know who is in posession of the adapter in Ellensburg? If I can track it down I can get it today. I know the city was talking about removing the station.

The plan was to move it back to Burgerville after the Ellensburg gig. Then there was hopes of paring it with another Roadster HPC on a route that needed a boost.

I can't log into the Google groups anymore. I don't want to bother with setting up a new account just for the group again. The way the Google Group messages worked was a bit messy anyway.

He did need the adapter, but he borrowed one. :wink: He has a 40 kWh Model S without supercharging, but WITH twin chargers -- an unusual combination.

Regarding the Ellensburg adapter, do you know that someone has removed it? So far as I know, the Roadster station in Ellensburg is still there and operating. Tom Saxton had to do a few back flips to keep them from removing it, including agreeing to pay the monthly electricity charge (several other people stepped up to contribute). There would have been no reason to remove the adapter, however. I agree that it makes sense to move the adapter to another Roadster station, but I don't know of any public Roadster stations that are not also on a supercharger route. If we can't find another Roadster station in need, then moving it back to Burgerville makes sense, as I suspect it will get more use there. You may want to get input on this from the participants, however.

This is the last contact I had with the Model S-to-Roadster charger cable, last August on my way to the Jack Anderson's EV Wine Tour fundraiser in Chelan I am the one described as in a chargeless panic. I wouldn't have put it that way--I was just trying to find the cable that Seattle Tesla Service believed to be in Ellensburg in a lockbox. I was able to connect with David and his daughter brought me the cable and picked it up when I was done on my way back from Chelan.

With the Tesla Supercharger in Ellensburg, I'd vote for the cable to go back to Burgerville. Kit

From Jack Anderson to me: Just got this today: call (509) 899-4956

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kathleen Eaton
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Ellensburg S-adapter to Roadster Station

An update on the transfer of the Burgerville adapter to Ellensburg -

First of all please forgive my lack of lingo. Dave is in a retreat and a fellow S - owner called Tesla from Ellensburg in a chargeless panic attack.

The box and charger are in Ellensburg however our contact there has this to say:
This is a mite embarrassing, since I was supposed to have this all taken care of, but there's yet another layer. A committee of some sort needs to bless the box, and their next meeting is in early September.

I'm fine with having my cell number out there: 509-899-4956. I'm in and out of town, so the more advanced notice, the better.

Steve

From Kathleen: The adaptor and the box are in his custody. He has been wonderful about showing up in minutes. As you know there are also three slower chargers at the same location. We also discovered, having arrived minutes after a Roadster from Seattle, there is a somewhat faster charger next to the greenhouse near the Science building on the Central Washington University Campus.

The long and short of it is, IT"S THERE BUT STILL NEED TO PLAN AHEAD.

Happy driving,
K & D Eaton

--
Kathleen LaFrancis Eaton, Ph. D.
Author, Novelist

KathleenEaton.net

2022-05-02 Centralia Burgerville
14.7kw (70a, 210v) charger, plugs right into a Roadster. Over 60 mph charge time.

2022-05-02 Update: Works! Calling ahead probably won't help: Folks there have no idea about it. Mgr probably said “not sure working” on my 3/16 phone call since only Roadsters can plug in. Mgr said they don’t shut down at night, so should be available 24x7.

My road test: Started charge with 100mi, 64 left, 25% batt (30% Range Est). 63 mph*, but only partial charge (45 min, 25-58%) so probably no taper yet

Time Batt(std id) Mi(std Id) Mph*
4:13 25% 38
4:30 38% 56 72 (18 in about 15 min)
4:45 46% 70 56 (14 in about 15 min)
5:04 58% 85 60 (15 in about 15 min)

*63 mph, average (85-38 times 60 divided by 45)

Attachments

• PXL_20220502_230652543.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220502_230652543.MP.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20220502_230709938.jpg
    PXL_20220502_230709938.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20220502_234651094.jpg
    PXL_20220502_234651094.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: goneskiian