Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sigh, thought we'd escaped the windshield curse.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess ours was just one of the last ones to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 771
Sorry to hear.

At least that should be covered by warranty.

I had to pay to have one replaced cost $1100. Luckily the insurance covered all but my $500 deductible. Of course, what was really funny was when the insurance rep kept trying to convince me not to file a claim because I would have to pay the deductible.

My original one is still going strong. The service people are surprised. If the newer ones have the RF shielding cut out at the top that would be an improvement but hope the original one lasts a long time.

Last edited:
Hey, that looks like my (windshield) crack. I thought you had used my picture, until I realized I have a sticker on my window and used white poster board on the dash to highlight the problem. This happened to me about a year ago. Windshield was replaced under warranty, but I had to get the window re-tinted:
9654307585_f52027ebc7_z.jpg

I have multiple chips out of my window from rocks but no crack after 45k miles. I do have a $50 deductible for windshield replacement on my insurance though. it was only a few bucks more per year and given the seemingly higher likelihood of a windshield crack with earlier vins I opted for the added protection.

Hey, that looks like my (windshield) crack. I thought you had used my picture, until I realized I have a sticker on my window and used white poster board on the dash to highlight the problem. This happened to me about a year ago. Windshield was replaced under warranty, but I had to get the window re-tinted:

Tesla didn't cover the cost of having the window re-tinted? I had a defect in my front bumper that I noticed after it was opticoated and xpel'ed... they replaced the bumper from the factory and paid the cost to get it re-opticoated and xpel'ed

Tesla didn't cover the cost of having the window re-tinted? I had a defect in my front bumper that I noticed after it was opticoated and xpel'ed... they replaced the bumper from the factory and paid the cost to get it re-opticoated and xpel'ed

I didn't ask because I was having it re-tinted for free, due to some defect in the PhotoSync material (The new installation didn't have any defects). But thanks for mentioning this. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Got the car back last night, all fixed and they took care of a couple of rattles for me. No battery shield though, had to get on a list for that.
Boy was that Lincoln MKZ Enterprise gave me a total POS. Both me and my wife got a bit car sick just driving the 15 minutes home in that thing.