Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Console Waiting List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my car a few weeks back I asked about the status of customers on the waiting list for the premium console (I got added back in mid Feb when I ordered my car.) I was told that it will be a few more months and that they will fulfill all waiting list customers before selling them and that it will be in order of when you were placed on the list, not in order of when you bought your car.

Anyway, just curious who has received theirs and when you were put on the list. Hoping to narrow down when I might get mine.

Thanks so much...

Last edited:
I am #1215 on the waitlist out of over 3500 customers. "We estimate that the console will be available to ship to you in April/May time frame". Dont remember exactly when I got on the list. This message I recieved in february.

Satisfied with the quality? It is not real leather?

I was 100, and the first install in the NY area. Wrote a thorough review to the team with my concerns. They have since halted the production of PCC. They felt they were missing some parts. I will definitely update when the revisions have been made. I wouldn't get your hopes up for an on time delivery. I ordered last June and was told before the end of the year. I didn't have it installed until February.

But to answer your question, the material is the same material that lines the empty space now. The fake leather that feels fairly nice.

Ordered it on the first of April (I know ;-)).
Don't know which number I have on the list, but instead got this feedback.
'We estimate that the console will be available to those recently added to the list in October. '

Reached out to Tesla and got a reply immediately, here's an extract:

Unfortunately, there has been a hold on shipping and installing the consoles for the past several weeks. Tesla has identified additional parts that need to be fitted to the Premium Center Console to further improve the product. These parts are currently being tested and we should have them available soon.

Should be getting an update on timing in a couple of weeks.

Ordered 10/16/13 and no news on delivery date as yet.

Reached out to Tesla and got a reply immediately, here's an extract:

Should be getting an update on timing in a couple of weeks.

I got on the waiting list on the same day as Nigel. I emailed them as well a couple of weeks ago and received an identical reply. I recall that one owner from the first batch reported that the iPhone connector seems to be too tight to fit the phone when the it's in a case. @gnelson: Have you found that to be the case? Hopefully, the delay is being used to improve this particular aspect of the product further.

Hopefully, the delay is being used to improve this particular aspect of the product further.

That appears to be the case. This is the response I recently received:

"Unfortunately, there has been a hold on shipping and installing the consoles for the past several weeks.
Tesla has identified additional parts that need to be fitted to the Premium Center Console to further improve the product. These parts are currently being tested and we should have them available soon. We will be sending out an update in approximately two weeks when we have more specific information available and an update on the delivery timing."

Thanks. That seems to be what others have experienced as well. I'm sure you must find it very inconvenient to have to remove the case every time you want to connect the phone.
No it isn't inconvenient because i left the case off. The phone is easier to use without the case. for example it is easier to remove it from my pocket. I like the feel of the phone without the case.

I got on the waiting list on the same day as Nigel. I emailed them as well a couple of weeks ago and received an identical reply. I recall that one owner from the first batch reported that the iPhone connector seems to be too tight to fit the phone when the it's in a case. @gnelson: Have you found that to be the case? Hopefully, the delay is being used to improve this particular aspect of the product further.
I have a Windows phone connector and have had no issues with my console. I did remove the case to be able to dock it in the console. I like my Nokia Lumia 920 better without the case. It is easier to get out of my pocket now. .I am very lucky to be one of 3 in Houston to have the console.