Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iced by the cops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who would you call to complain?

ventura CA police vehicle icing a charger

10245452_10203520872051141_7713325671224734853_n.jpg

Get a picture of the EV Only sign in front of the car. Send it to the PD, and ask them if it is official policy to allow cruisers to park in EV spots. I would think this would be equivalent to parking in handicap parking spots...

Maybe the police feel they have the authority to park anywhere they want. In which case, broadcast this photo far and wide...

Doubt they'd take the extra seconds to back in if they were on an emergency call. Maybe they think it's OK because it's a hybrid...I don't think CA has a law yet that you have to be charging while parked there, so could be that even the PD is confused.

Doubt they'd take the extra seconds to back in if they were on an emergency call. Maybe they think it's OK because it's a hybrid...I don't think CA has a law yet that you have to be charging while parked there, so could be that even the PD is confused.
Actually, we do have such a law. And it generated a bit of consternation in the EV community since it implies you could be towed and fined if someone unplugs you. But of course we also don't want people occupying the spots just out of convenience. Which is also why I prefer to see payment-required stations over free ones.

There are various types of Emergencies. Not all are STAT but some can be urgent...or cannot drive around for 10 minutes to find a spot. If other spots were readily available, complain, if not , I would say cut the person some slack.