Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk pulled over for speeding in a Model S w\ Johnny Depp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, he technically IS a millionaire. He just has thousands of millions. That's it. It's just pocket change really.

Indeed. Mr Musk's background is, after all, one of the (rather extended) British Empire. And we all know (don't we? ;) ) that in British English, it takes a million million to make a billion. A thousand million is called either a thousand million or a milliard.

Now, if anyone has ever heard of a milliardaire, please let me know soonest.

And now back to your regularly scheduled mayhem....

Yes, with 5 people in the car, not sure why there were two in the front passenger seat. Either that or the articles are missing one name on the manifest.

The articles are typical "journalist" style. They just copy what someone else wrote without doing any fact checking or adding any value to what was already written by someone else. The first one was bad, and nobody else bothered to clean up the inaccuracies in the duplications.

Indeed. Mr Musk's background is, after all, one of the (rather extended) British Empire. And we all know (don't we? ;) ) that in British English, it takes a million million to make a billion. A thousand million is called either a thousand million or a milliard.

Take it from this Brit, you're about 40 years out of date. U.K. switched to the American definition officially in 1975. I haven't seen the term "milliard" used in English since I finished high school history (many years ago!).

Take it from this Brit, you're about 40 years out of date. U.K. switched to the American definition officially in 1975. I haven't seen the term "milliard" used in English since I finished high school history (many years ago!).

In both Swedish and Norwegian it's miljard/miljardeer and a billion would be what you anglons calla trillion.

I think we can agree though that Elon can probably pay his fine. But remeber his net worth is very much tied to the continued success of his companies.

Transcendence spoiler below.......................

I saw no Model S, but there is a recognizable member of the audience of the main characters TED talk-like symposium.

Transcendence spoiler below.......................

I saw no Model S, but there is a recognizable member of the audience of the main characters TED talk-like symposium.

Just got out of the movie. I knew from this thread that he was associated with the movie, but it was cool to see him in it.

A laughed though when I saw the LEAF drive off in one of the scenes....They are out in the middle of nowhere and the thing goes like 80 miles. Not a charger in sight. hahahaha.

Just watched the movie, I guess we are pretty big Tesla fans because my wife, 10 year old son & 9 year old daughter all screamed out "hey thats Elon" all at the same time & they didn't know he had a part.

That's funny. My wife and I watched the movie last night and both shouted the same thing, "hey that's Elon!!!".