Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85+ and 280 wh/m = Pleasant surprise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i've had my car for 3 months now and it was mostly cold winter driving until just recently
I was averaging 400whm+ jan through march and kept thinking on how people get bellow 300
Once temperatures start hitting high 40s and 50s i reset my trip A to zero
It's been almost a month and it's showing 285whm now
But what really surprised me was today's trip to Manhattan
It wasn't a big drive, roundtrip is only 100mil, but lots of hill to get there from my house
Also in the city i had to stop in a few places scattered across the island and we hit bad traffic multiple times (hate it)
There were also occasional hard accelerations to either make the light or outpace some annoying yellow cabs
In ICE my mpg would suffer pretty bad in all these conditions
But 280whm on P85+ with 21s = simply amazing!

I dont feel i achieved anything special here, since i've seen much better numbers posted by others
Just wanted to share...

Even after telling them, most do not believe how much cold does affect the range (Both due to cold batteries, and heaters etc...). With the nice warm weather we had last week (50's), I have been thrashing my 60 around quite a bit, I averaged the week out at about 280watt/mile. No heat or AC usage though, and that helps significantly.