Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes-S Fire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator Note: Naming this thread 'Yet another S Fire' and placing it in the Model S forum is totally uncool. I've retitled the thread and moved it to off-topic. Please don't do that. You cause unnecessary drama and work for the mods. So so uncool.

Moderator Note: Naming this thread 'Yet another S Fire' and placing it in the Model S forum is totally uncool. I've retitled the thread and moved it to off-topic. Please don't do that. You cause unnecessary drama and work for the mods. So so uncool.

??? I think you're being a little dramatic. Model S's have caught fire. We're now getting new gaurds installed in all our cars to prevent future fires, which is great. Being melodramatic about it doesn't help anything. Admit it, own it, move on.

There is such a thing as freedom of speech you know. And censorship.

??? I think you're being a little dramatic. Model S's have caught fire. We're now getting new gaurds installed in all our cars to prevent future fires, which is great. Being melodramatic about it doesn't help anything. Admit it, own it, move on.

There is such a thing as freedom of speech you know. And censorship.

Totally confused. What exactly do you think was censored? Who was being melodramatic and what needs to be owned?

The forum has been overrun of late with people using 'click bait' post titles, overly dramatic, and people are getting irritated. What I did was (oh the horror) give the post a factual title, instead of leaving the original (and wildly misleading) thread title. Not a word of the post was changed.

Totally with you, Bonnie!

Once again, freedom of speech only applies in relation to the government - not to a private forum. This is aside from the fact that nothing was censored. It seems the OP was attempting a joke and it wasn't funny at all.

What was censored was the title. It was humorous. You removed the humor. Sorry but you're the one being melodramatic "oh the horror" "totally uncool" "so so uncool". People getting irritated? Do I count? I hate it when anybody who says anything remotely critical of the car is jumped on by everybody. The car is great. But its got defects. And pointing them out - isn't that part of the forum? What's a forum for - just saying positive things?? Having a sense of humor about the fires is the way to go, in my opinion.

What was censored was the title. It was humorous. You removed the humor.

Not everyone thought or will think it was funny. Feel free to admit that, own that, and move on.

I hate it when anybody who says anything remotely critical of the car is jumped on by everybody.

First, that's not a true statement. Second, that could be interpreted as you being dramatic. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Sorry, misnaming a post and putting it over in the Model S part of the forum when it's about Mercedes doesn't qualify as humor. "Oh the horror" was a bit tongue in cheek and of course you knew that. The post wasn't about the Model S. So I'm not sure why you're throwing out the whole 'anybody who says anything remotely critical of the car is jumped on' defense. No one said anything about the Model S. No one was pointing out Model S defects. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Click-bait titles are not okay. We fix spelling in titles, too. (And I think you need to read up on what censorship actually is. I think you're overreacting here.)

notaTesla.jpg

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!

Thanks to Bonnie and all the other Mods for keeping this Forum working: I for one appreciate your diligence, grace and effectiveness making the tough decisions.
Accurate titles are just a part of that work.

The Kids gotta be kept in-line sometimes for the good of all.

What was censored was the title. It was humorous. You removed the humor. Sorry but you're the one being melodramatic "oh the horror" "totally uncool" "so so uncool". People getting irritated? Do I count? I hate it when anybody who says anything remotely critical of the car is jumped on by everybody. The car is great. But its got defects. And pointing them out - isn't that part of the forum? What's a forum for - just saying positive things?? Having a sense of humor about the fires is the way to go, in my opinion.

I guess I don't see how a fake title then a link to a Mercedes fire is a joke. Pointing out errors in the Model S absolutely is a part of this forum. The fake title then a link to a Mercedes being on fire had zero to do with the Model S and if that was a joke then it was something that most people wouldn't even recognize as one. How exactly was the original title even critical of the Model S when the link is about a Mercedes? Having an accurate title that reflects the content of the post is not censorship.

Wow, I did stir up something here! My goodness..
Yes, as, I was trying to be a little funny, sorry if it was not well perceived . I will try to be more serious next time....

Non the less, what attention has this "S" fire got in the mainstream media? Why is not everybody roiling over each other in order to tell it? Mercedes as one of the safest cars in the world???

I notice the OP and the one supporting his "humor" don't have a signature line that indicates ownership. If you two don't own a Tesla, you may not understand why we don't think it's funny, and this is not a place to be making jokes at our expense. It's borderline trolling. Thank you to the moderators for keeping this site civil and a worthwhile use of our time.

I notice the OP and the one supporting his "humor" don't have a signature line that indicates ownership. If you two don't own a Tesla, you may not understand why we don't think it's funny, and this is not a place to be making jokes at our expense. It's borderline trolling. Thank you to the moderators for keeping this site civil and a worthwhile use of our time.

WOW...