Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

back to the Future TO the Future! And a lil transformers...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so, I was on my way home from downtown Milwaukee, low and behold I see a DeLorean parked in front of the Milwaukee Art Museum. some might recognize the art museum as being in Transformers three, as well as the DeLorean was getting a photo shoot in front for some reason. both the DeLorean and my Model S or 100% swarmed with people from inside the art museum. I thought you all would get a kick out of this, as we were going from back to the future all the way to the future. The only way it would have been better, is if the model ex was there with the gullwing doors open as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,063
Once saw this thread, I figured I would go into my garage and take this quick picture:

DSC_8162.JPG

I've had the DeLorean for 10 years now and the MS60 for 11 months. I consider the Tesla to be my incognito car. LOL I've also taken the DeLorean to a Tesla Supercharger opening. I had the DeLorean booked for an event that day and was able to stop by on the way there for the opening. Don't worry, I didn't park in a SC spot. :smile:

Once saw this thread, I figured I would go into my garage and take this quick picture:

View attachment 47082

I've had the DeLorean for 10 years now and the MS60 for 11 months. I consider the Tesla to be my incognito car. LOL I've also taken the DeLorean to a Tesla Supercharger opening. I had the DeLorean booked for an event that day and was able to stop by on the way there for the opening. Don't worry, I didn't park in a SC spot. :smile:

You should have tried plugging the supercharger in to the flux capacitor? It would be a lot more convenient than having to wait for a lightning strike if it is playing up?

I think I saw you by Home Depot in Tigard a few weeks ago, can't remember when exactly but I saw a DeLorean while I was leaving.

Nope, wasn't me. There's well over a dozen DeLoreans in the Portland area, so I get this a lot where somebody sees a DeLorean from a distance and thinks it's me.

It's a fun car to drive, just in a very different way then the Model S.

I thought I was the only MS owner with a DeLorean! Now I wonder how many there are like us! I've had mine for over 20 years. I don't drive it much any more.

Are either of you going to the Delorean Car Show in Dayton?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 47082

I could have had a photo just like that, but I sold my Delorean less that one week before committing to the MS Inventory car I bought. I owned my Delorean for 14 "Living the Dream" years.

Yep, I'll be there. I've been 4 others in the past too, so this may be the last one I'll go to.

Cool. I've been to every one since 2000 (the year I bought my Delorean). I told Ken K that I sold my D, but I'm driving my MS there instead, and he told me I can display it with the rest of the cars if I wanted. I'd assume you're flying from OR and not driving your MS or Delorean?

Why is it then they always summon me when a Delorean or BTTF is mentioned in a TCF thread? I didn't know anyone else there owned a Delorean.

I'm pretty low key (for a DeLorean owner that is). LOL

I really hope Tesla doesn't follow the same path as DMC. As long as their sales keep strong, then I won't be too worried. Whenever I hear talk of Tesla adding another production line, I think that's a bad idea. If DMC didn't start that second shift, they might have survived or at least went a bit longer. Running those second lines costs a lot of money and if most of the product sits unsold, you are screwed.

I think the final fall in DMC was a result of John Delorean's own "jet set" attitude, flying the Concorde back and forth to Europe, dating super models (and marrying one), etc.. as well as giving Detroit (GM) the biggest FU ever, he had a big target on his back from day #1. And then the cocaine thing happened (because of all these haters out there, he was framed), and while he was completely exonerated, it succeeded to destroy the man and the company in the end, and neither could recover. If it weren't for these external factors, DMC could have survived at bit longer, I think. The nail in the coffin for the company was when he asked the British gov't for another bridge loan to get the cars at the factory shipped to the US, and he couldn't secure that. And by then, NOBODY was going to give him any money, so that was the end. I think in the end, John Delorean had his own "Steve Jobs" style "Reality Distortion Field" and just made stuff happen, but that can only work so far.

I feel that Elon Musk seems to be following completely different personal and business models, and has learned from all these past failures (Tucker, Delorean, Fisker, etc). We shall see!