Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any info on St Louis and metro area SC station(s)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own two Volt's (averaging over 93% off the grid) and loving every minute of pure EV motoring. I live on the Illinois side of the river (20 miles SE of St Louis) and am considering moving up to a Tesla, but right now there is a huge HOLE in the Tesla SC network in the mid-west that is preventing me and possibly others from buying a Tesla. I need to drive from our home in Belleville IL to my in-laws in Mountain View Ark 2 or 3 times a year (361 miles door to door).

Does anyone know or expect this part of the country to be connected to the Tesla SC network?

Thanks in advance

Tom
USAF Retired

I own two Volt's (averaging over 93% off the grid) and loving every minute of pure EV motoring. I live on the Illinois side of the river (20 miles SE of St Louis) and am considering moving up to a Tesla, but right now there is a huge HOLE in the Tesla SC network in the mid-west that is preventing me and possibly others from buying a Tesla. I need to drive from our home in Belleville IL to my in-laws in Mountain View Ark 2 or 3 times a year (361 miles door to door).

Does anyone know or expect this part of the country to be connected to the Tesla SC network?

Thanks in advance

Tom
USAF Retired
Welcome Tom. It's always good to see other retired service members on the TMC forum. I am in Chattanooga and, like you, out of range of a supercharger. However, I did not let that stop me from purchasing this amazing vehicle. As a retiree I don't mind sitting a few hours talking with folks in a campground while getting enough electrons to get to my destination; and in those situations when that is impractical we just take the wife's Jeep. I have also had the opportunity to charge at a Nissan dealer on a slower 30 Amp hook-up. Every salesperson and then all the mechanics wanted to talk with me about the car. It is really quite fun educating the masses. (I used to live in Manchester on the other side of the river! I have used the facilities at Scott on MANY occasions.)

You ever hear the comedy skit by Lewis Black where he talks about Rolla? Funny stuff. I agree that Rolla would be a good location for a Supercharger. I used to go there periodically for various reasons (mostly due to UMR...er...Missouri S&T being there), but not so much anymore. I need them more along I-70 myself, but I can see one in Rolla being of value. Hopefully they will put one there.

Well, a Tesla site has now been confirmed in Goodland, KS, so it seems that they are indeed working on the 2014 route east from Denver to KC and St Louis.

My suggestion is that if Superchargers will be a key determining factor in deciding to purchase:
- Don't buy yet
- Email [email protected] with your comments and requirements in terms of key routes
- If you have specific suggestions for sites, you can use Supercharging to post them.

Tesla does listen to input from owners and potential owners.

Well, a Tesla site has now been confirmed in Goodland, KS, so it seems that they are indeed working on the 2014 route east from Denver to KC and St Louis.

My suggestion is that if Superchargers will be a key determining factor in deciding to purchase:
- Don't buy yet
- Email [email protected] with your comments and requirements in terms of key routes
- If you have specific suggestions for sites, you can use Supercharging to post them.

Tesla does listen to input from owners and potential owners.

This made me far more excited than I probably should be for such a thing. Bring it!

- Kansas City, MO resident.