Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's induction motor specification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends,
I need go into details of induction motor applied in Tesla Roadster. Does somebody know someone who own such information? Maybe someone had dismantled this car and then took a photos of a parts?
I need to know dimensions, rotor and stator design, windings type, number of turns, etc...
I have to perform a computer simulation of Tesla's electric motor. I need it for my masters thesis. I'm looking forward for your reply. Thanks in advance!

There are millions of Accords and Priuses on the road... and less than 1,000 Tesla Roadsters. So far, no one has been willing to dissect their new $100,000 car in the name of science.

Additionally, since Tesla does all their own servicing of this component, there hasn't been a need to publish the details you're looking for.

I think that information may come out some day, it's just not available now, as far as I know.

-Ryan

Hi guys,

I have the same problem, I'm doing a semesters thesis. I'm looking for motors with a very high power density to put them into aircrafts. Is there any information available yet? I'm searching for 2 days now and all I found was on Wikipedia. I just need to know the wheigt of the motor. At Wikipedia they say, it's 70 pounds (about 32kg). That's a power density of nearly 7kw/ kg! I think that figure means the power of the "short time overload-operation" (don't know the exact engl. word) electrical machines are capable of. Does anyone know the continous power the motor is able to provide?

Greetings from Germany,

Marcus