Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Sport 1453 arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my 1.5 with ~28k miles for this Roadster Sport 2.5 with 360 miles on it. First impressions are much better seats and suspension, plus I like the new dash with 7" audio, although Alpine head unit not intuitive especially without a manual, if anyone knows where to find a manual that would be helpful . Nonetheless, nice improvement over my 1.5.

photo-2.JPG

Beautiful 2.5. I highly recommend the Parrot upgrade for the Alpine. Loose some features such as XM, but to have an Android device in the car is outstanding. Enjoy your new 2.5.

Last edited:
Nice color scheme.

I think it comes down to what someone likes with the VDS and HVAC buttons.

I had a loaner 2.x with the VDS in the middle. Didn't like it. Had too much glare from the sun, was in an odd spot for me since when I charge in the 1.5 the charge port is on the drivers side and the VDS can be accessed very easily on that side to start or monitor the charge. I also don't get all that much sun glare with the VDS in that location, its in a corner that's well protected from the sun glare. Also felt the 2.x HVAC buttons seemed a little cheap and the 1.5 knobs / buttons were easier to access and higher quality. Since I'm right handed, its easier for me to fiddle with the VDS with my left hand while driving and also holding a firm dominant grip of the steering wheel with my right where I can react to unexpected road situations. Also don't have to look down as far with the 1.5 VDS as compared to the 2.x's.

But getting back, wow, I can't see how someone could drive that Roadster so little. Happy it found a good loving home!

Also agree, the stock non-adjustable shocks/springs sucked big time and are dangerous.

Last edited:
I seriously considered putting down the $75k deposit for the first signature series roadsters but choose not to - glad I waited. However, I wish I had waited another month or two and got a 2.5 instead of the 2.0 but...

Kind of like the people that wanted a signature Model S - great for showing off and bragging to their co-workers and friends when they were a rare/novelty but they have endured numerous problems and the newer models have more features. Of course that can be said about nearly every car - wait, wait, wait - and you will never enjoy the car!

Agree buttons are look/feel cheap, but like the location and how the heater works (no on button). The guy bought it in Jan 2012 and drove it only 360 miles, go figure ………..and sold it for a great price, had to jump on it ….

Nice color scheme.

I think it comes down to what someone likes with the VDS and HVAC buttons.

I had a loaner 2.x with the VDS in the middle. Didn't like it. Had too much glare from the sun, was in an odd spot for me since when I charge in the 1.5 the charge port is on the drivers side and the VDS can be accessed very easily on that side to start or monitor the charge. I also don't get all that much sun glare with the VDS in that location, its in a corner that's well protected from the sun glare. Also felt the 2.x HVAC buttons seemed a little cheap and the 1.5 knobs / buttons were easier to access and higher quality. Since I'm right handed, its easier for me to fiddle with the VDS with my left hand while driving and also holding a firm dominant grip of the steering wheel with my right where I can react to unexpected road situations. Also don't have to look down as far with the 1.5 VDS as compared to the 2.x's.

But getting back, wow, I can't see how someone could drive that Roadster so little. Happy it found a good loving home!

Also agree, the stock non-adjustable shocks/springs sucked big time and are dangerous.

Sold my 1.5 with ~28k miles for this Roadster Sport 2.5 with 360 miles on it. First impressions are much better seats and suspension, plus I like the new dash with 7" audio, although Alpine head unit not intuitive especially without a manual, if anyone knows where to find a manual that would be helpful . Nonetheless, nice improvement over my 1.5.

I had my 2010, upgraded to the double din Alpine INA W910 and it came with manual on a disk. I just saved it in pdf. Send me a PM with email and I can forward.

Hey, where are you? That looks like east bay. I have the same color scheme except silver wheels ( may go dark this year)

Nice 2.5
I like to use the speedometer that comes with the Alpine unit - much easier to see. Use the NAVMENU button on the right, then select INFO, then Dashboard - you can also toggle between analog and digital speedometer by tapping the speedo.
agapa9e4.jpg

uhyqyjez.jpg

I also picked up an Alpine remote so I can change stations without having to get out of the Dashboard mode.
ejeha6e7.jpg