Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that a Supercharger will be located at The Point within Greenville, SC. It appears that the property manager and Tesla are within the permitting process at this point in time and hopefully will change shortly.

The Point - Greenville, SC - Google Maps

Do we have any community members within the area that can scout out the location once construction has begun?

I am not a mod nor trying to act as one but this is already being discussed in the Super Charger Network thread

In the main thread yes, but we split out the individual locations once we have details on them so people can focus on a specific location if they like. Don't want to bog down the main thread with updates on this specific location. We've done the same tactics in the past.

It appears that a Supercharger will be located at The Point within Greenville, SC. It appears that the property manager and Tesla are within the permitting process at this point in time and hopefully will change shortly.

Do we have any community members within the area that can scout out the location once construction has begun?

Hear! Hear!

In the spirit of the Swamp Fox, Francis Marion, I look forward to heroic intelligence gathering by the locals! Let's see some pictures soon!

That's a great location, if true. Glad to hear they're (possibly) putting it on that side of Woodruff rd, since The Shops at Greenridge are impossible to get out of (horrible traffic flow).

So what are our chances that this will be up and running in time for the Clemson Graduation Ceremonies?!

Realistically I say 0. The superchargers haven't rolled out with the speed that they did during Dec/Jan. I don't believe the permit is complete on this location and you're looking at a month turn around time. I honestly don't expect this location to be online until June.

So what are our chances that this will be up and running in time for the Clemson Graduation Ceremonies?!

If the graduation is next month, May, I would put your chances at slim to none... If everything is perfect, a Supercharger might be installed in 5-6 weeks, but the record is far worse than that. I would call 6 weeks from ground breaking to active very quick, and 8-12 weeks is more typical. The only exception to this is a so-called "mobile" Supercharger. For those, the only requirement is a 208 or 480 Volt connection to a distribution panel already in the building. If the power is available in a local panel, it's only a little more complicated than installing an HPWC.

Enjoy your Tesla!

Thanks to airj1012 and Cottonwood. I new it was a pipe dream. At least we won't have any problem for the Emory graduation in two years. And @ Cottonwood - we love it. Sunday will be 1 year with the car, and we may hit 30,000 miles by then!

I am in Greenville (about 6 minutes from the point). If you need charging (albeit slower than Supercharging) let me know if I can help!

- - - Updated - - -

I can scout and send pics. I am by there about every day.

I am in Greenville (about 6 minutes from the point). If you need charging (albeit slower than Supercharging) let me know if I can help!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the offer, but we will have to do this in our ICE vehicle. It is just too many miles in too short of a time. But everything will be in place for upcoming graduations next year!

Anyone been by this site this week?

I went by Yesterday for a Barbacoa Burrito and a Patron Margarita. No sign of any work being done. I am trying to figure where they will put it there since that lot gets pretty full a lot of the time between REI, Petco, Whole Foods and the 10 or so other smaller places there.
I am really surprised they did not try to go across the street at the Shops at Greenridge.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to know I'm not the only one with Chipotle and Tesla issues!

Yep, two of my favorite things!

I went by Yesterday for a Barbacoa Burrito and a Patron Margarita. No sign of any work being done. I am trying to figure where they will put it there since that lot gets pretty full a lot of the time between REI, Petco, Whole Foods and the 10 or so other smaller places there.
I am really surprised they did not try to go across the street at the Shops at Greenridge.

Thanks for the update.