Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner in Lancaster, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All
A very happy new owner of a Signature Red Model S here in the desert, The only other Tesla I know of belongs to the Mayor. Good man.
We took our wonderful car to Del Mar last weekend. Had a great time but lots of confusion about chargers.
Is there a tutorial with the very basics somewhere?
Best regards,
~Larry

Check out this thread: How to plan a road trip - how long will it take?

So some signature owner was willing to part with their model S and sell to you.
Daily driving is pretty simple if you have a 14-50 outlet in your garage as long as your day is less than 200 miles. Road trips take a little learning and practice.

Some error here, sorry for it. Maybe you can straighten me out.
The Owner Advisor called it "Signature Red". It is a multi-coat and an option, as is a luster white color. $1500 extra.
I have vin 34350, made 2014. So very happy with it!

The garage is wired and I charge there OK. I plan to visit the Ft. Tejon Supercharger for the experience, later this week.
I am thinking "Fast Charger" is not compatible with Tesla. Is that correct?

Sorry again about the Signature error.

Good info on your links - just what I need.
~Larry

Last edited:
Hello All
A very happy new owner of a Signature Red Model S here in the desert, The only other Tesla I know of belongs to the Mayor. Good man.
We took our wonderful car to Del Mar last weekend. Had a great time but lots of confusion about chargers.
Is there a tutorial with the very basics somewhere?
Best regards,
~Larry

Hi Larry... Congratulations, you will love the car. I have a Blue Model S 85 on yhe west side of Lancaster. There are arround half a dozzen in Lancaster. The Mayor has a White one, his neighbor an OBGYN has a black one, mine is blue and there are a couple grey ones as well...

Ill keep an eye out for your new beauty. Send me a PM if you would like to meek up for breakfast some time.

The garage is wired and I charge there OK. I plan to visit the Ft. Tejon Supercharger for the experience, later this week.
I am thinking "Fast Charger" is not compatible with Tesla. Is that correct?
Not sure what you mean by "fast charger". If you mean a J1772 charging station, then yes it is compatible with the adapter that was supplied with your Model S. If you mean Chademo charging station, it's not compatible yet but there will be a very expensive adapter available soon for those who really need that capability.
Sounds like you would do well to read the owners manual. It's available in the car on the display screen and as a pdf on the Tesla Motors web site.