Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD model pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just off the factory tour which was v good. Spotted in the car park by the delivery center, a Model S with the steering wheel on the right side;)
VIN 34400, so they have made at least one to check things out...

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    793.4 KB · Views: 2,030
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    681.5 KB · Views: 2,086
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    872.4 KB · Views: 1,989
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    482.5 KB · Views: 1,970
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    651.5 KB · Views: 2,001
Does anyone know if the icon layout and on-screen controls are the same on the RHD and LHD versions? I have somewhat short arms and find it annoying to reach across the screen in my LHD version to hit the + and - icons on the far right of the Nav Screen. Seems to me that it would be safer to have many of the frequently-accessed on-screen controls along the side of the screen nearest to the driver (aligned vertically) - would entail less reaching by the driver. Would need to be different for RHD and LHD versions of the interface.

Does anyone know if the icon layout and on-screen controls are the same on the RHD and LHD versions? I have somewhat short arms and find it annoying to reach across the screen in my LHD version to hit the + and - icons on the far right of the Nav Screen. Seems to me that it would be safer to have many of the frequently-accessed on-screen controls along the side of the screen nearest to the driver (aligned vertically) - would entail less reaching by the driver. Would need to be different for RHD and LHD versions of the interface.

You can pinch to zoom :p

I'm surprised it's a "reach" though, no offence, but you must have REALLY short arms.

Funny I was thinking about the RHD Model S yesterday and had some kind of day dream or thought that they may have forgotten that the wipers should go the other way, glad to see they didn't miss this change out ;-)

Looking forward to seeing them in the UK!

Hi all,

Just off the factory tour which was v good. Spotted in the car park by the delivery center, a Model S with the steering wheel on the right side;)
VIN 34400, so they have made at least one to check things out...
Don't you mean the wrong side? ;)

Just kidding!

Great to see this happening. This opens a huge market for Tesla. Not only the UK, but all of Asia.

Superb find! They are real!;) Guessing that's a mule to test final build... Would have been cool if you saw the charging port to see if it was a UK or Japanese car...
It's a Type 2 connector like mainland Europe.

Charging port is also on the left, they didn't switch that.

This way UK and Mainland Europe vehicles can charge at the same SuperChargers.

No, I can't see the charging port. But that's what I've heard. Sounds logical as well.

UK owners travel to mainland Europe en vise versa.

I think J1mbo is wondering whether it was Japanese or UK car as the way to tell that would be Japanese cars have US ports, UK Type 2.

The only way you could tell that is the side marker lights in the tail light cluster, it's a charging light on European cars but side light on US cars. However, no idea how things work in Japan (as to whether they need side markers) and also when the car is off it probably looks the same anyway :tongue:

I'd like to think it's a UK car ;)

Not only the UK, but all of Asia.
Technically, most of Asia (by land mass, likely even by # of people) drives on the right... check Worldwide Driving Orientation by Country
It's South East Asia / Oceania / Australia, Japan, India and neighbors, UK, South East Africa, some Caribbean Islands, Suriname and Guyana...
So as far as major markets for Tesla is concerned... we're talking Japan, the UK, and Hong Kong. Maybe Australia.

Sadly no picture of the back, guess I was too excited to think about all the details, I wanted to assume it was a UK car just because it would make my June delivery a bit more realistic;)
Would have loved finding the owner but the reception lady had no idea whose car it was sadly

Sadly no picture of the back, guess I was too excited to think about all the details, I wanted to assume it was a UK car just because it would make my June delivery a bit more realistic;)
Would have loved finding the owner but the reception lady had no idea whose car it was sadly
As I understand it customers in the UK have already received their VINs, right? So how about starting a thread titled "would the future owner of VIN.......... please raise their hand" ?