Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sued under Wisconsin Lemon Law

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Video seems more self serving rather than an accurate description of his plight!

The video is by far the cheesiest infomercial I've ever seen. The real question is whether there are any merits to this case. According to the Wisconsin Lemon Law, a vehicle

• has a serious defect the dealer can't fix in four tries, or
  • has one or many defects that prevent you from using it for 30 days or more (the 30 days need not be consecutive)
Also: "A defect covered by the Lemon Law must seriously affect the use, value or safety of your vehicle and must be covered by the warranty. An irritating rattle may not be "serious" enough to make your car a lemon. Stalling probably is."

There is also an interesting central display depicted in this video - I have never seen one like that in my car:
Snap18.png

BTW, the guy is not very accurate with the facts, according to his other youtube masterpiece, the MB case settled for $880,000, not a million as he says in the Tesla video. He also is especially fond of including his paralegal with the duct tape on her mouth - he used it also in the video about the Fisker:

Vince Megna - YouTube

Last edited:
Sounds to me like this guy purchased this car with the express intent of testing Tesla's paperwork in court.

I doubt it. If the name in the article is correct, then I have met him. He used to be enthusiastic about his car. It appears he is not happy with the issues on his car and/or Tesla's response to them. I suspect he is doing this as a last resort. His lawyer however.... is doing what a lawyer does.

Massachusetts is one of those states that have very strict lemon laws. I'm waiting for mine (hopefully Wednesday). However, I would anticipate growing pains and I imagine I will experience issues. How well Tesla takes care of the issue appears to be at question. From what I read, the service is beyond exemplary. Like I've learned in my years on earth, there are good and bad people. Perhaps it's buyers regret. One never knows. As far as the attorney is concerned, there are sharks and ambulance chasers that smell blood in the water and those that fight for the common good.

My problem wish this is largely directed at Tesla's attempt to introduce a positive image from the beginning as references the edict from Elon. Reputation, reputation, reputation! This indignant putz knows full well that Tesla will more then likely pay out any claim out of court in an effort to keep their reputation from getting a smudge. In this case, they are prey to this man, not a car manufacturer. I'm not completely naive to think that there may not in fact be problems with the car the owner is very upset based upon what he paid for it. As I would be as well. I too have limits. Litigation is not always the right plan of attack... Sorry, my rant.

My problem wish this is largely directed at Tesla's attempt to introduce a positive image from the beginning as references the edict from Elon. Reputation, reputation, reputation! This indignant putz knows full well that Tesla will more then likely pay out any claim out of court in an effort to keep their reputation from getting a smudge. In this case, they are prey to this man, not a car manufacturer. I'm not completely naive to think that there may not in fact be problems with the car the owner is very upset based upon what he paid for it. As I would be as well. I too have limits. Litigation is not always the right plan of attack... Sorry, my rant.

When you sell a product there will always be some folks who are never satisfied. Often the reason is that they can't afford what they purchased and are trying to get out of paying for it. There are a few documented instances of this from when Toyota was under scrutiny for brake problems a few years back.

I think any car company can have a lemon. Doesn't mean that every car that is produced by that company is going to be a lemon. Please do you due diligence so you do not have buyers remorse. This car is not for everyone but if you have the right attitude for the car, it is the best car you can get right now!