Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small dent - found great body shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to let the group know about a great body shop that cost 60% less than the body shop the Seattle SC to which we were referred, and did impeccable work. It's McCleod Auto Body in Kirkland. I strongly recommend them (and have no personal connection to them other than being a one-time customer).

A security guard at a federal facility checking the frunk (I should never have pointed out to him that the car had it) noticed it first - a small dent in the hood. It may have been caused by a large rock on the highway, or perhaps an errant shopping cart (or a small meteorite?). But it was just bad enough that it was noticeable, and thus needed to be repaired.

The Seattle SC referred me to a body shop that quoted > $1400. A friend told me about McCleod Auto Body in Kirkland, and said his really particular friend had taken his car there and been satisfied with their work. They assured me that they had experience with aluminum body parts, and I had them do the work.

For $600 including tax, they did impeccable work, and provided very courteous service. I couldn't be happier with the results or the $800 saved.

Good news.... congrats on getting it taken care of.

I too had a small dent on my frunk. It was a 1/2" link slight "crease-like" dent about 16" from, the front edge of the frunk lip. It wasn't terribly deep or noticeable at all times, but if the light caught it correctly, you could see it.

I had the car in to my local (Rockville) service center, and mentioned it. They suble tthe job to a local shop who they assured me knew how to deal with aluminum: Dent Leader. They were able to do it while the car was at the service center so I didn't have to shuttle around, and the job is perfect.

Cost: $150. I also am very pleased.

I have contact info for the shop if anybody in the area has difficulty finding it, as well as the name of the Master Technician who did the work. PM me if you need it.