Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color indecision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in an endless feedback loop of indecision. Please advise.

Given set factors of P85, pano roof, spoiler, and standard 19s which is a better color Blue, Pearl White, Grey, or Red?

How would red brake calipers look with blue and standard 19s? I can't find a single photo.

Last edited:
Given the standard 19s, I'd eliminate the Grey: bland meets blander! OTOH, if you couple the Grey with either the Tesla grey 21s or aftermarket grey 19s (Rial Luganos or TSportlines), that'd be a slippery fish right there!

Blue is not a very convincing color; struggles to not look black most of the time.

Red and White are close given your choices otherwise (including the spoiler). It's a close call but, I'd give it to the Red.

The standard 19's looks best with Red as they standout and Red is the most standout color and one of the most gorgeous colors.

Pearl White would be a great color if you got the rims painted black or grey, but if not then it would look kind of dull but still would be nice.

Blue is kind of dull as well although it looks good with tan interior but still wouldn't choose it. Grey is alright but wouldn't and couldn't choose it when Red is a choice.

So Red... or Pearl White. But i'd go with red no question... and no redgrets. Red will show less dirt too.

1623453_10152244429027801_131048838_n.jpg
DSCF1477%20cropped.JPG

Need I say more??

Given set factors of P85, pano roof, spoiler, and standard 19s which is a better color Blue, Pearl White, Grey, or Red?

How would red brake calipers look with blue and standard 19s? I can't find a single photo.

Easy- Pearly White looks amazing with the contrast of light & dark.. especially with the pano and spoiler... White is also easier to keep clean. Just my $.02

2nd choice would be grey with grey wheels.

[1] Given set factors of P85, pano roof, spoiler, and standard 19s which is a better color Blue, Pearl White, Grey, or Red?

[2] How would red brake calipers look with blue and standard 19s? I can't find a single photo.
1. FWIW and IMO, you really can’t go wrong with any of these colors. Just pick the color you’d like to have.

2. Red will of course stand out more than the default brake caliper color. But again, IMO, red calipers will look good with all these four colors.

And since your shortlist includes both pearl white and grey: Color is of course a very personal thing. If I could buy a Model S I would probably go with the silver. It doesn’t reflect as much sunlight as a white, but as I understand it, silver is the most practical color choice since it’s best at hiding dirt, thus keeping the car ‘representable’ longer after a wash.

And since it’s easier to keep it looking mint I would go with a black interior. And leather since you can just wipe it clean with a damp cloth of some kind.

Red calipers on a silver Model S will really ‘pop’ though, so I personally would probably go with the default dark grey calipers on a silver car.

Leilani Munter’s car is silver with black interior, and it looks good to me (hers is sans leather though…):

And some photos here: took my baby to the wind tunnel

Caveat: I haven’t seen anything in person. I’ve only seen pictures and video. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: