Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gauging interest in Tesla inspired shirt/designs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All

I am seeking your feedback and level of interest for Tesla inspired designs I have been developing. The design below would be printed on T-shirt with the design drawing upon inspiration of the model s turbine wheel.

The shirt would be very high quality:
  • 100% SKAL certified organic ring-spun cotton
  • Made int he USA in a fair labor factory
  • Printed without the use of plastic
  • Dyed with low-impact dyes (no heavy metals)
Basically they are the best quality and most ethically manufactured T-shirt you can get. They are super soft and comfortable and will likely be your new favorite t-shirt.

I ask if you like the design (although it is still being modified) and the prospect of such a shirt, please leave feedback below. If response is positive I will proceed with my project and of other tesla inspired merchandise.

imagejpg1_zps10fbe88c.jpg

Very cool! I'm interested for sure.

I guess you are staying away from the Tesla logo, etc. for trademark/copyright reasons?!

Any chance you can get the car's distinctive cat-eye DRLs into your designs?! That's the single most distinguishing and identifiable aspect of the car IMO.

Sorry for breaking forum etiquette, Nigel.

Thanks for replying to those who have an interest. I'm going to finish the design and do a print run. I'll let you know when they are ready for ordering. Any others with interest, please reply to thread with feedback. Thanks!

I am very interested in Tesla shirts and jackets. While I think the car is wonderfully styled by a top auto designer, I do not think that the clothes they are offering are wonderfully styled by a top clothing designer.

The shirt pictured above would be a little bit too cryptic for me to wear. While I do want to promote Tesla, I don't want to answer too many "What is it?" questions.

Elon Musk said that he wanted Mattel to do a Model S "Hotwheels" car. My guess is that Mattel wouldn't pay anything for that.

If this were my company I would want my logo out there in as positive way as possible and that would include shirts from designers like you.

I can't tell you to use Tesla's Logo without permission, but my guess is that Tesla Motors would be delighted to have as many talented designers putting their logos on shirts in a good way as possible.