Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design News: Challenges Loom on Tesla's Model S Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two comments:

1. Raise your hand if you thought Tesla would have no challenges in bringing the S to market.

2. Gosh... where'd they ever get the idea that Tesla would make a 300-mile, $50k car? It wasn't the ad copy was it??? :rolleyes:

I just noticed that the ad copy is much better now. But it still implies that you can get a 300 mile car with a 45 minute recharge. And it also implies that it'll normally seat 7.

The Ad folks REALLY need to learn the word "optional." Or maybe, "added cost feature."

Last edited:
They also seem to have failed to grasb that the current Roadster has a 53kWh battery which has costs around $20 000 - $25 000. Including the extensive packaging Tesla uses and with todays prices...
As everyone said above, not the very best research they did there. They must not have shopped for a laptop before, with it's "weight from X lbs" and "battery time upto X hours".

Cobos

The marketing information should be crystal clear. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it would make any difference if it were.

In my experience too many journalists really don't care about getting the facts right. Too many are merely rumor mongers with delusions of grandeur.

In the CNN video about the London store launch the audio called the Tesla CEO "Elon Muss" while the graphics called him "Elon Muck".

I'm amazed they got the company name right.

Last edited: