Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plugshare Roadtrip now in Midwest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aphysician

Member, Michigan Chapter
May 3, 2013
Metro Detroit, MI
Plugshare is attempting a 12000 mile roadtrip in Model S. It has entered midwest. Live tracking is available at The Epic Electric American Roadtrip. We should welcome this road warrior and applaud the effort. I will post updates in this thread. Would be wonderful if we can meet him this weekend. Twitter updates @Plugshare.

He left Worthington, MN at 7:35 am ET. Early afternoon WI, late afternoon IL and IN/OH tomorrow.

Last edited:
Plugshare Roadtrip was greeted by owners at following locations
Madison, WI - Diane Heatley
Rockford, IL - Robert Dew

Tentative meet planned with roadtrip at Maumme, OH SC between 800 am and 1000 am Sunday. He will update the exact time when he leaves Angola, IN after rest. I will update the forum around 6. I am going to welcome this brave UoM and MSU grad. Anyone else coming?

Last edited:
DSC00139.jpg

Just met up with PlugShare, Have a video as well!
"La Crosse WI SC. Mile 9865.6. Just had a great hang w @CalvinKlesmith who drove over an hour get here. #EpicEVTrip"

Last edited:
I would love to buy one of those PlugShare hats. Anyone know where I can get one?

GSP

PS. Interesting comment about getting 100 kW with a Tesla prototype CHAdeMo adaptor. Tesla does say their adaptor is rated for 100 kW, but I am surprised to hear that PlugShare found CHAdeMo chargers capable of 100 kW on their trip.

Last edited:
PS. Interesting comment about getting 100 kW with a Tesla prototype CHAdeMo adaptor. Tesla does say their adaptor is rated for 100 kW, but I am surprised to hear that PlugShare found CHAdeMo chargers capable of 100 kW on their trip.

That is indeed interesting! I would be happy with even 40-50 kW to make the purchase worthwhile. When earlier Tesla said the adapter would only do 20 kW, my shoulders slumped, but this is more like it!