Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S 85 kWh for sale in the DC area - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S 85 kWh for sale in the DC area

Love it, but I probably should let it go with a bigger family happening. Possibly swapping out for a minivan. Sigh... Anyway. Hard to part with it and don't absolutely need to so will not sell low.

Specs below:

Model S
19" Wheels
85 kWh Battery
Active Air Suspension
All Glass Panoramic Roof
White Paint
Obeche Wood Matte Decor
Supercharging
Black Interior
Tech Package
Twin Chargers
Upgraded, Premium Sound
Rear Parcel
Tesla Brand Front and Rear All Weather Mats
Extended Warranty (total 8 years, 100,000 miles)

This totals about $96-97,000 brand new from the Tesla site. Car was received June 2013, will have about 22,000 miles on it from highway driving (NoVA to No. MD via 495/95 five times per week). Pristine in and out.

Feel free to contact to discuss price since there isn't a clear price structure for the second owner market yet. However, in full disclosure and to save us all time, I probably won't move on the price of $80,000 much and this is where I stand on a few things:

1) The initial 1% per month and $1 per mile reported by others on Tesla loaners is not how many private owners price to sell and I will not be using this formula either. Tesla does not give the 1% many times, and their loaner cars for me have been fantastic, but completely loaded $115k versions. These loaner cars are obviously driven hard like rental cars, but top of the line. If you absolutely need to go by some formula I kindly ask you go and purchase one of the Tesla loaners.

2) The tax credit of $7500-- You have to buy new (be the first one on the title) to get this. My suggestion: If your tax return demonstrates you need to pay over $7500 in taxes, maybe you have the means to buy a new Tesla and take advantage of the tax credit. If you do not owe at least that much over the course of the year, you will not get a "refund" for the remaining amount left after your tax bill is zeroed and may not consider the tax credit as important. So please go buy new if you want the tax credit, because again, I can't do anything about the tax credit for the buyer.

3) Must meet in person in the DC area.

I can promise an absolutely beautifully driving car that has been well cared for. I can promise 90% of those miles have been exclusively easy highway miles for my commute. With the extended warranty, you won't have to worry about a thing for many years ahead.

Thanks for looking--

List Date: 4/5/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Tesla Model S 85 kWh for sale in the DC area
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

4beeca7a-3c1c-4c9e-83a9-e2c90f9fc482.png
49c8279a-4866-4438-a187-45c9ac01b56e.png
78a0f48a-cc62-4874-a945-d4f9fa8fd52e.png
e5b186f9-4aa3-4991-92a1-73df5e38a182.png
e1249e6d-0a40-46ef-ac37-6c3eba78093c.png

Just as a point of view about the larger family... my Model S replaced my Chevy Suburban. I have 4 boys - 13, 7, 5, and 1. The rear-facing seats have been a God-send, my wife hauls all the boys everywhere and we go on road trips with it. Good luck selling your car -- then again, maybe you can keep it with the rear-seat retrofit? :)

AT6- Home charging is just a 220 outlet I had an electrician make accessible in the garage. Interior pics posted below. Back seats pretty much untouched since I'm the only one driving the car. Front passenger occupied by wife every once in a while. Drivers seat almost new because I use memory foam cushions due to the long commutes.

Flasher- I thought about the retrofit (kicked myself for not just getting it done when ordering) but I think my MS is too recent on the production line for the retrofit. Another member contacted me and I learned the VIN had to be less than the 6000s. But it's still a very real possibility I'll end up keeping the car when all is said and done. Thanks for the input and well wishes. I'll give it a week here and if it doesn't work out, keep enjoying the MS for myself! :)

Tesla backseat.png
Tesla driver.png
Tesla passenger.png

Someone had posted that the retrofit can be done, it's just a bit more expensive. They can add the cross-member. I don't have the link handy right now but can track it down if you don't.

i have a 2012 Toyota sienna limited you might be interested in. I have your exact car only config in P.

do the mirrors fold on this one? does it have the proximity sensors? my wife wants the same car I have without the P

i am in NVA