Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert 3001

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it repeatable? On a few occasions I have random but scary errors/warnings on the VDS and they do not return.

No idea - it might be a software issue or could be a bad part - only the service center would know. I recently got a "Car may not restart" message which went away after a few minutes, but I still called the service center even though the message went away and car restarted just fine. Turns out if was the battery heater that was starting to go bad. Hopefully they should be able to pull the diagnostic logs from the car and figure out what caused the message.

Alert3001 SHFT: APS Voltage
Anybody know what that means.......:scared:

Turn on your GSM access, and when you call Tesla, they can download the log remotely and see what is up...

I have also had spurious alerts which never recurred and Tesla never mentioned fixing anything in subsequent service visits.

I think since is was such pioneering work, the original engineers were very conservative about reporting the least little thing that was not "nominal." Sometimes is just seems to be transient stuff that does not amount to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, your car is only 80-odd VIN numbers younger than mine, so probably similar hardware.

APS output 2 (PEM) reset
...APS is the Auxiliary Power System - it provides 12volt power to a number of subsystems of the car. The message would seem to indicate something related to the PEM reset. Just guessing, and I think the only people who will know for sure would be Tesla...

Apparently there was a TSB (service bulletin) for the APS cable/grommet:
2009 TESLA ROADSTER Factory Technical Service Bulletin - TSB | AutoCodes.com
Bulletin Number: SVC-11-16-013 Bulletin Date: 11-22-2011 Component: Electrical system:battery:cables Summary Tesla: during normal operation of vehicle, APS cable grommet can become dislodged. to improve security against water ingress a new design has been provided.
I suppose, while you are at it, if you are looking into APS problems, it may be good to see if your car had that fix or not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wiztecy
@Thorsten If I remember correctly it was with the aux battery. The alert went away after SC looked and said everything was good......voltage......connections, etc. With the VDS on debug mode a lot of alerts come up that relate to the twitchy nature of the roadster. I would get SC to check if it persists. Call them and they may be able to read your logs vis wifi magic.