Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Kohler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to take the wife to American Club and would like nothing better than to drive up in my MS. The problem is that I will likely need a bit of a boost in order to get back down to the SC in Kenosha on our way home. I looked online and only saw an L2 charger at a Nissan dealer in Sheboygan, and that's only available during normal business hours. Does anyone know of any other chargers in the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to take the wife to American Club and would like nothing better than to drive up in my MS. The problem is that I will likely need a bit of a boost in order to get back down to the SC in Kenosha on our way home. I looked online and only saw an L2 charger at a Nissan dealer in Sheboygan, and that's only available during normal business hours. Does anyone know of any other chargers in the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I remembered reading about the American Club having chargers and found this on the forum:

"Update - I had been having regular communication with the resort and they just installed two level 2 charging stations in their parking garage at the American Club. We stayed there last week and drove up from the Chicago burbs (160 mile trip one way). It is good to see a true first class resort step up and provide this kind of amenity to their guests.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/dkelsch/kohlercharging_zpsc18cd496.jpg (kohlercharging_zpsc18cd496.jpg Photo by dkelsch | Photobucket)

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/dkelsch/americanclubEVchargingstation_zpsacdde13e.jpg (http://s213.photobucket.com/user/dkelsch/media/americanclubEVchargingstation_zpsacdde13e.jpg.html)"

Thank you so much Htuork! That seals the deal. My wife gets a weekend at Kohler, I get a happy wife, and I get to make the trip in my MS! Life is good!!!!

These charges have been mentioned previously on this forum and I specifically scouted them on a trip to door county last year just to make sure they were there. They are in the underground level of a well hidden parking structure in-front of the main restaurant I believe. The thing I'd be interested in finding out is if they have a problem with non-guests grabbing a charge there. I guess I wouldn't mind getting some food there if that would make them feel better but I'm interested in what their policy is, if they have one. I also wish they would actual put those chargers on plugshare or something similar. Awfully hard to find otherwise, and seems silly not to advertise.

Just an update to a previous report.

We're staying at the American Club for a few days. As previously noted, there are two Level 2 chargers there in one of their below ground parking lots. They are clearly marked and one of them has no adjacent spot, so all you freaks like me who don't want to risk door dings will have plenty of extra room.

bbfbcd6eddadb3db0b30b2ab2cba35ba.jpg

4940663cca0aa91c88df5106e96e24c1.jpg

58f747cead3748a2a77ddeed317e48c0.jpg

f4a67a5c29ff07627b2f1290caa475de.jpg

I really don't get why they don't apply for a supercharger... they could do it out by the Woodlake shops, and get what I would assume is a fair amount of Packers fans on the way to GB shopping at the market, chocolate shop, etc... or put it out at the golf course. If I were a director there, I'd be tripping over myself trying to get Tesla owners out to the resort, knowing once they have seen it, they may decide to book a reservation at the hotels, or tee-time, etc. Have some cheese curds at the H&P (damn those things are huge). They'd totally make a killing.

The L2 stations are nice, though... the last time I stayed there my beast was simply on order, and I didn't stalk the details; was just happy there was an option. Now, I'm frantically assembling a set of Frankenplugs for this type of occasion... I couldn't make out from the photos what the charger (connection) was... J1772?