Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Charging After Using a Super Charger for the First Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my S85 three weeks ago (I love it) :love:. I have a 14-50 outlet at home and my car is set to start charging every night at midnight. On Wednesday I used the Hawthorne Supercharger for the first time, Wed. Night I plugged it in the car when I got home and it charged fine. Thur. Night it did not charge and I had a blinking yellow light. I turned off the auto setting and charged the car manually and it began to charge. Has anyone experience this issue? I never had an problem charging the car until I used the SC this week.

len

The trick is to push the cable in somewhat slowly and listen for two clicks. Just one click doesn't fully connect. Then check for the dark blue ring.

I get the yellow ring pretty frequently. I find if I press the button on the handle with it aimed at the open charging port and then plug it in, it works every time. Maybe it's just placebo.

Two clicks you say, ok, I'll listen for that next time.

Thanks.

-m

I get the yellow ring pretty frequently. I find if I press the button on the handle with it aimed at the open charging port and then plug it in, it works every time. Maybe it's just placebo.

Two clicks you say, ok, I'll listen for that next time.

Thanks.

-m

What I was told by a service advisor that I wasn't told by the delivery guy is that when you insert the plug into the car you have to hold the button while you are pushing it in and hold the button when you are pulling it out....for a few seconds for both.

What I was told by a service advisor that I wasn't told by the delivery guy is that when you insert the plug into the car you have to hold the button while you are pushing it in and hold the button when you are pulling it out....for a few seconds for both.
Really?? I have never held the button in on insert. Obviously you have to hold it in while removing because it is locked into the car and the button unlocks. I also was told to shove it in firmly, not slowly. I have never seen a yellow ring, just white blue and green.