Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Systems are Powering Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
This afternoon, I stepped out of my car for a couple minutes to talk to a friend. Hopped back in, and the car wouldn't turn on. Instead I was greeted with "Systems Are Powering Up" message on the cluster. When I entered the car, both screens were up, HVAC was on, Music was playing.
I waited about a minute and the message cleared. Put it in drive and drove away.
The music (slacker) began to skip like a CD, the main screen became unresponsive to touches, bluetooth was disconnecting and reconnecting, maps were frozen, then very glitchy. I let it continue, and started a call to Tesla so they could maybe pull a log while it was frozen to get some good data about the issue.
I knew full well that a reboot of both screens would resolve it, and I performed the reboot as per the CSR request.
I asked that she pulls logs in case there's anything there that can help them identify if there's an issue.

My question to anyone listening: Have you heard of this type of freezing? Especially the "Systems are powering up" message when the car never went sleep. (energy save mode on the display is disabled)
IMG_6969.JPG

Saw this issue as well. Couldn't connect from the remote app, then I went to the vehicle and saw this display. Message never cleared, but I put it into drive, and the center display rebooted several times and eventually things went back to normal.

I just had this same issue this morning. The message didn't clear, and I tried rebooting, which didn't happen. Eventually, everything went back to normal and all systems were operating. I spoke to service, and they said the car failed to wake up properly. He said if it happens again, and rebooting doesn't work, exit the car, lock it and the unlock it and try it again. It should wake up.

I just had this same issue this morning. The message didn't clear, and I tried rebooting, which didn't happen. Eventually, everything went back to normal and all systems were operating. I spoke to service, and they said the car failed to wake up properly. He said if it happens again, and rebooting doesn't work, exit the car, lock it and the unlock it and try it again. It should wake up.
Had the same problem 2 weekends ago & on several times on a road trip the week before. Finally called in tech support... Here's what I did:
(1) hold the break peddle and do a main console reset (it may take a bit... just keep pressing)
(2) turn off the power saving mode

Havene't turned back on power save mode yet, but the problem has not come back. Going in for service on Monday as well (unrelated manner) and they said they'll address it. Will be interesting.

I actually noticed my 5.11 update failed as well, so I don't know if this is related to pre 5.11

I've had that too. It appears to be a bug in the more recent 6.x versions. However, I've found that no amount of pressing the brake and holding down the scroll wheels will make it work. However, if I get out of the car, let it turn off completely and then go back in, it will reboot properly with the scroll wheels.

Got my X about 6 months ago (9/16) and this started happening about a month ago ..It has happened at least 6 times in the last month .
SC says "huh" ???? Very annoying as I have to wait for it and it usually takes 2-3 minutes with one time at least 5 minutes .
So it seems this has been a characteristic(?) of the system for a long time ..

• Love
Reactions: apacheguy