Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose Wires - What is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

supersnoop

Tesla Roadster #334
Mar 24, 2014
Pflugerville
Howdy! I just took delivery of this pre-owned roadster yesterday. It was previously owned by another member here, and it's an amazing car! I'm still figuring everything out; I've read the manual twice, programmed my charge time, bluetooth, and homelink. I had some trouble with the key remotes, but that turned out to be a low battery in one of them. Honestly, at this point, there's only one thing I haven't been able to figure out:

What the heck is this:
photo.JPG

This picture is of the passenger foot area, and there's one wiring harness dangling free. The wires are predominately red and blue, with one brown. Is this supposed to go somewhere? Am I missing a module? Or is this to be expected?

Thanks for your help, and for all the great information on the forum that's gotten me this far!

That's normal. It's Tesla's proprietary interface for the onboard diagnostics, etc.

It's where you could connect an OVMS module to and be able to do some telematics with the car. (Search OVMS for threads).