Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be the Most Easterly Model S in North America!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone!

I have been a huge supported of Tesla over the last 2 years and big fan of this forum.

We just recently reserved and confirmed our Model S order for delivery in late May.

We are located in St. John's, Newfoundland the most easterly city in North America. Upon ordering, Tesla confirmed this would be the first Model S in Newfoundland. I also think this will be the Model S that is the furtherest away from California in North America. (Not sure if a Model S in Alaska would be further)

Looking forward to experiencing IMO the best car in the world!

Congratulations and welcome to the "Extremes" Club! I am the owner of the northernmost NoAm Tesla. Someone in Key West ought to 'fess up to having #1 South - unless a Mexican chimes in as also belonging to NoAm, which is fair enough. And the Hawaiians have to duke it out as to who gets the #1 West claim.

You also indeed get the furthest away from Fremont position. By road length, I am 2,950 miles away, and you're 4,605. There's a Flin Flon owner - he's a paltry 2,020 miles off. Key West is further than me - by road-miles - at 3,243.

I think that unless someone from Goose Bay or such ever picks up a Tesla - highly unlikely - you and others in your city will be able to maintain that status! Someday, someone in Fairbanks will buy a Tesla and knock me off my own post.

This is great Netzero. I imagine you got the twin chargers, due to the network of CS-90 charging stations in Newfoundland.

Yes the dual chargers were a no brainer to take full advantage of the sun country highway chargers as we do quite a bit of travelling around the island of Newfoundland. We opted for the 85 kWh battery as well to maximize the distance between charging.

We also got super charging enabled as we plan to take multiple trips across the US with this car. We visit family in Quebec and Ontario every couple years as well and hoping there will super chargers by the time we plan to do so.

Congrats!

I aspire to driving our Model S to St. John's someday, because it is my ancestral home. Your purchase gives me hope this will work out. When we do it, departure will be from Maine. I'm not sure there is still a ferry to Yarmouth NS from Portland or Bar Harbor, but we'll likely use it if so. Are there RV outlets in the Provincial parks that would support charging overnight? If so, we'll bring a tent ;=)

As a young man, I traveled across Newfoundland in a '67 Volvo "Amazon" 122 wagon. I think it may have been the only Volvo up there at that time. We didn't catch many fish, but we met the locals in the parks, and they informed me that I'm a "Newfie", which was confirmed when I returned home and my Mum pulled out Grampa's birth certificate from St. John's.

Bon Voyage in your travels to the US!

Congratulations and welcome to the "Extremes" Club! I am the owner of the northernmost NoAm Tesla. Someone in Key West ought to 'fess up to having #1 South - unless a Mexican chimes in as also belonging to NoAm, which is fair enough. And the Hawaiians have to duke it out as to who gets the #1 West claim.

You also indeed get the furthest away from Fremont position. By road length, I am 2,950 miles away, and you're 4,605. There's a Flin Flon owner - he's a paltry 2,020 miles off. Key West is further than me - by road-miles - at 3,243.

I think that unless someone from Goose Bay or such ever picks up a Tesla - highly unlikely - you and others in your city will be able to maintain that status! Someday, someone in Fairbanks will buy a Tesla and knock me off my own post.

The Hawaiian owners will have to duke it out among themselves to decide:
a) Who is farthest West
b) Who is farthest South. If you check out your latitudes, Hawaii is farther south than Key West.

Yes B'y!

I lived in St. John's for five years, so we probably know each other :wink: I miss Newfoundland with all my heart. I have been fortunate enough to see a bit of this world, and Newfoundland by far is my favourite place I have ever been to.

I think St. John's is the ultimate test for any car with respect to winter driving. i imagine you will be investing in some studded tires!Keep us updated with how it performs. I remember distinctly sliding about 40 meters BACKWARDS on the way to work one day, before managing to slow it down/get into a snowbank without hitting anything else including the bus that was sliding backwards behind me.

Congratulations!
How long is that ferry ride from Cape Breton? That’s a trip I’d like to make.

It depends on what season you come in. The main ferry leaves Cape Breton and arrives in Port Aux Basques (6 hour ferry) on the west coast of the island. There is lots of great things to do and see on the west coast but if you want to drive to St. John's it is a full day trip. (10 hours of driving, and I estimated it to take 16 in a EV using the sun country highway chargers) If you come in the summer time you can take the ferry to Argentia (14 hour ferry) and then only a short 1.5 hour drive to St. John's. So it all depends on what you want to do and see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes B'y!

I lived in St. John's for five years, so we probably know each other :wink: I miss Newfoundland with all my heart. I have been fortunate enough to see a bit of this world, and Newfoundland by far is my favourite place I have ever been to.

I think St. John's is the ultimate test for any car with respect to winter driving. i imagine you will be investing in some studded tires!Keep us updated with how it performs. I remember distinctly sliding about 40 meters BACKWARDS on the way to work one day, before managing to slow it down/get into a snowbank without hitting anything else including the bus that was sliding backwards behind me.

St. John's is a very special place with lots of great people to meet and things to do!

St. John's streets will be a very good test for winter driving. Were still having winter up here. Just received 40 cm of snow the other day. The part I'm the most scared of is pot holes! We have so many! Im against studded tires for this reason. The roads are full of ruts and pot holes because of them. I have been using Michelin X-ice tires on all our vehicles for the last 3 years and they perform very well for our conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!

I aspire to driving our Model S to St. John's someday, because it is my ancestral home. Your purchase gives me hope this will work out. When we do it, departure will be from Maine. I'm not sure there is still a ferry to Yarmouth NS from Portland or Bar Harbor, but we'll likely use it if so. Are there RV outlets in the Provincial parks that would support charging overnight? If so, we'll bring a tent ;=)

As a young man, I traveled across Newfoundland in a '67 Volvo "Amazon" 122 wagon. I think it may have been the only Volvo up there at that time. We didn't catch many fish, but we met the locals in the parks, and they informed me that I'm a "Newfie", which was confirmed when I returned home and my Mum pulled out Grampa's birth certificate from St. John's.

Bon Voyage in your travels to the US!

Newfoundlanders love their RV's and there are tons of RV parks including some in the provincial parks. I would assume that the 240 V RV outlets could be used for charging but not sure. The sun country highway chargers along the transcanada would be great during your travels too!

Hello Everyone!

I have been a huge supported of Tesla over the last 2 years and big fan of this forum.

We just recently reserved and confirmed our Model S order for delivery in late May.

We are located in St. John's, Newfoundland the most easterly city in North America. Upon ordering, Tesla confirmed this would be the first Model S in Newfoundland. I also think this will be the Model S that is the furtherest away from California in North America. (Not sure if a Model S in Alaska would be further)

Looking forward to experiencing IMO the best car in the world!

Recently on a business trip to Newfoundland we drove to Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site which as NetZero said is the most eastern point in North America. Beautiful spot and from what the natives told me is where you can see icebergs if you're there at the right time of year. Wonderful people everywhere in St John's. Just glad I missed the bad weather since there are some really nasty hills in the city:smile:

Welcome to the Extreme Club, KiwiX!

I have to update my post #3 in this thread: we now have not only the northernmost NoAm Model S - a 2013 P85, but also Model X: a 2017 P100D.

And if you don't receive a "Conversation" message from me (see top right; there'a an icon with a downward arrow in it), then please initiate one with me.