Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More aftermarket wheel pics, with specs to get the fit dialed in.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to inspiration from other's posts with detailed specs and help from Oscar Arias with Ace Alloy and the pics he posted of the 22" Ace Alloy wheels from a few weeks ago on the Tesla Owners Facebook page, I decided to do a similar setup, but in 20" size. I actually had searched a long time for wheels that looked like they belong on the car and don't look cheap and I think Ace Alloy has several good choices. I was torn between the Mesh-7 (shown in the pictures) and the Convex. I really like the titanium color of the Convex, but like the design of the Mesh-7 and the gray color is good too, so that's what I chose. So, in case anyone else is looking to do a similar setup, here are my specs and factors that could change your fit slightly...
I went with 20x8.5" wheels with a 25mm offset and 245/40/20 Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 tires. After installation, I am confident that with that size tire, I could have done a 20mm offset as the maximum (minimum) safe offset to get the wheels as far out as possible, but not risk rubbing, but if you go with a wider or taller tire (for example a 255/40/20 tire), I'd stick with the 25mm offset so they don't rub during turning. According to a GPS speed check, I am going 69mph at an indication of 70mph on the speedo, which is exactly what I saw before with the factory 19" setup (conservative by 1mph, which I like). I would highly recommend the Hankook tires, they are extremely quiet, smooth and responsive with absolutely no sacrifice in ride quality from the factory 19" wheels. I bought the wheels through Invision Automotion, Craig Fallick was the sales rep, but Oscar was key in helping me get the offset fit right. I've never experienced the level of prompt assistance from a company like I did with Oscar, he would message me on a Sunday night as I was trying to make my decision. I was on the fence about some other brands, but Oscar's great service pushed me over the edge, I just knew I was going to get a perfect custom fit with him and Ace Alloy. His service is every bit as good as what I have gotten from Tesla and the pricing was fantastic! My goal was to "fill" the wheel wells as much as possible, without sacrificing ride quality or range at all and I got everything I hoped for with Oscar, Craig, Ace Alloy and Invision Automotion at a VERY reasonable price. The whole setup cost me less than $2900 (including new TPMS and installation) and because of the tire size choice, tire replacements in the future will have more options at a lower price than the factory 19" size. I hope this helps inspire others. With these detail specs, along with what others have posted, we now have a pretty good representation of the "limits" of what sizes will fit and I know Oscar can help you get a perfect fit if you want a slightly different size as well. It's pretty amazing that they will machine your wheels to your exact spec and ship within a day or two of when you place your order. Amazing!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg