Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reus Audio System Upgrade - Group Buy Los Angeles/SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have not organized nor participated in a "group buy" but kept on hearing/reading about it and thought I would post here before proceeding to gauge or generate any possible interest.

I am looking into upgrading my sound system to a Reus system and wanted to know if anyone else was interested joining in for a group buy. I'm not a frequent visitor to the forums except when looking for answers but thought I would post here in case anyone else was or could become interested.

I'm going to do it anyway and thought that the prospect of saving some ($) might make the difference to those who were already on the fence about upgrading.

Rather than rewriting a post all over again, here is a link to previous Reus group buy:

Reus Audio Upgrade - Dallas Group Buy

Let me know by PM or post here,
Jorge

I would be interested! I think I am a different boat and there might be many owners in the same boat with me. That being, that I think the audio system is OK at best, but I would like it to be improved. I am willing to spend some money, but the pricing that has been posted is above what I am willing to pay for an improvement.

As we all know there are thousands of MS's in the SoCal area and Reus or another company, could make a killing if they narrowed their margin for a period of lets say a few weeks for installs. They are likely to get dozens of MS's to participate but the savings would have to be worth it. I'm thinking of at least 33% savings. There is no traveling for them, and they will still be making good money and getting their name out there.

Unless they are booked solid and seeing all the business they can handle I don't see why they wouldn't.

John

There was mention in your link that there was a group buy for Southern California. Have you checked to see who organized that...get some feedback on how the organized it? Perhaps folks who wanted it back then but couldn't afford it, now can and will want to participate? You can also send a PM to the various Tesla club organizers in SoCal to spread the word? I'll do so for the OC group.

What would be needed, as far as car configuration, to be able to get the REUS installation? Can folks who opted for the Standard Sound and did not upgrade to HiFi be able to buy in?

Hi John,

Though I am not that familiar with Audio upgraders, I had heard their name about 6-8 months ago. Cliff left for Texas on Wednesday to do 6 Tesla upgrades or else I would have had it done already. Since I had to wait, I did some more research on Reus and looked around at the different forums and saw the term "group buy" and thought that since I had to wait, I might as well ask around to see if anyone else in interested and thus save all of us some money.

As far as the amount of money you want to spend, Cliff seems to be flexible. In other words, I do not think all of us have to get the same system. Much of the system is the same as far as I know. I believe that the main differences lie in what kind of low end you want, which will dictate the enclosure and placement. The bottom line is that you can still get an upgrade and spend what you want.

Jorge

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I will try to look for that link. I had heard of the SoCal buy but did not think about getting in touch with the organizer, that's a good idea.

What is needed as far as config? You need an "S". Whatever you have, he can upgrade.

I have the studio and though it is "adequate", it is not the way that car should sound. Though the loaner I had with the standard system sounded horrible, I believe that the differences in terms of upgrading, are negligible. Depending on what you want, I believe he would simply be adding some speakers in the rear and in the front, everyone gets an added center channel in the dashboard.

Cliff is trying to get some S owners in my neck of the woods to let me hear their system.

What would be needed, as far as car configuration, to be able to get the REUS installation? Can folks who opted for the Standard Sound and did not upgrade to HiFi be able to buy in?

Cliff did the upgrade in my car and I have the Standard Sound system. The Standard Sound upgrade uses different parts than the HiFi system so you need to let Cliff know which one you have.

The improvement to audio quality is so dramatic you will cry tears of joy and convert your entire music collection to lossless.

va3umy4a.jpg

Here he is working on my car in my garage in 100% humidity.

Good Luck!

I've been talking to Cliff and he will be back in town this Thursday. No one has committed to the upgrade except me and I want it done asap. So, if I don't hear back from anyone by then, I will just go ahead and do it on my own. On the other hand, I did get him to tell me that if I get two or more other "S" owners, that he'll work with us on a discount. :love:

Jorge

I've been talking to Cliff and he will be back in town this Thursday. No one has committed to the upgrade except me and I want it done asap. So, if I don't hear back from anyone by then, I will just go ahead and do it on my own. On the other hand, I did get him to tell me that if I get two or more other "S" owners, that he'll work with us on a discount. :love:

Jorge

I am still waiting for responses from the OC group.

Wow fellas, I had no idea there were any responses! I am subscribed but got no alerts. Yes, the range is $3400-5500. I don't see a way to attach a file or else I would post the system configurations.

I was trying to copy and paste here but the formatting won't stick so you won't understand it.

Send me your emails and I will email you the docs. I will keep on checking periodically because I do not know why I have not gotten any notifications that anyone was replying.
Jorge

Just for your information on the Reus system which I did last year on a Bay Area group buy. We had 5 Model S owners and Cliff came to my house and did the install. I said this before on this forum that what I liked about the install and the system is that is was easily done without tearing the interior apart. I had the standard system which I thought was less than adequate, I love the Reus and Cliff was very professional and at the time he did my car they had done at least 50. Also some other audio companies wanted to install another 12 volt battery, did not want that and find that the system does not draw a noticeable amount of juice. On another point I also did not want an over the top system, you cannot tell that anything has been done except for the woofer control on the left front seat in front of the seat controls. They install the center channel behind the rear view mirror and what the system accomplishes is giving you the feeling of surround sound with more clarity and tone. Before the system I had to have the bass and mid up to 6 and now you do not need to boost those setting up that high. Hope this helps.

Hi Cliff,

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Hey, I am planning on also getting a Mobileye installed and their camera, I believe, is installed behind (which is actually in front) of the rear view mirror. How can we navigate around this?

Jorge

Hi Cliff,

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Hey, I am planning on also getting a Mobileye installed and their camera, I believe, is installed behind (which is actually in front) of the rear view mirror. How can we navigate around this?

Jorge

Jorge, the Mobileye camera does not adversely impact the audio for our center channel enhancement. I have installed several systems into vehicles that have forward mounted camera systems, including the Mobileye, and can tune the system accordingly.

Cliff

It was great. Depending on the source the low end can get a little overwhelming but it plays with an authority that the current system does not have. In addition, I saw or "felt" the custom enclosure for their 10" subwoofer upgrade and it is clean and completely invisible. You would not know there were any changes made to the system other than the tweeter that is added to the rear view mirror.

I'm in. Please decide one way or another because I do not want to wait.

Blaze: I emailed the price list to two other fellas already. Give me your email and I can send it to you as well.

Last edited: