Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel shelf now standard in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweden too. Prepaid service is still 4 years here though.

*argh* This change happened about 30 minutes after I confirmed my order for a design where I pay for it. Not much money but somewhat annoying!

Wait a minute, the price on the 5 year prepaid service has also been reduced by about $600. That's pretty good! :)

Edit: I see what they did. By allowing people to order it as an option on the car, rather than after they get the car, there's VAT exemption on the service as well.

Last edited:
When I ordered my car in January I forgot to add the parcel shelf (as I somehow thought it was included standard, and in the Finnish price list it was called "trunk protection" which I did not realize meant parcel shelf!). I contacted my dealer later on and asked whether I could get it included, and luckily they had one extra which they can sell to me. Looks like I now have a good case for requesting it to be included free of charge. :smile:

Sweden too. Prepaid service is still 4 years here though.

*argh* This change happened about 30 minutes after I confirmed my order for a design where I pay for it. Not much money but somewhat annoying!

I got confirmation that it will be included in the base price for me. Probably more hassle for Tesla to handle it separately since the confirmation must have been minutes before the change.

Wait a minute, the price on the 5 year prepaid service has also been reduced by about $600. That's pretty good! :)

Edit: I see what they did. By allowing people to order it as an option on the car, rather than after they get the car, there's VAT exemption on the service as well.

So it went from 4 to 5 years and was reduced by $600? What is your cost in US Dollars?