Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PoCo Board of Directors. Advice please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have the time and the interest, and they have appropriate insurance, I would be inclined to go for it. You may have an opportunity to participate in the development of functional models for the incorporation of renewable energy on the grid (which is obviously of critical importance).

There are a vast array of resources and courses on the responsibilities of a director (and they should provide some guidance and training to incoming directors).

Thank you. The insurance question is the first thing I asked about. It's covered.
My interest in renewable energy is important. 5 or 6 years ago they used some grant money to build solar arrays around their territory. The numbers aren't good due to the cost of panels at the time, and the fact that they did all ground arrays which increased the cost significantly. I think they should start over with the newer more economical/efficient panels installed on customers' homes.

Good stuff. The "big question" for any electric utility today is, what is their business model for 2020? Is it to deliver power, like UPS delivers parcels? Or is it a bigger mandate? Is distributed generation an opportunity to the business today, and if not, how can it become so? Etc.