Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery on Monday!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,

Thanks for all the help provided, and for the support(from the reading of others)...

I took deliver of a P85+ (vin 36335) order placed 2/28 delivery 3/31, Pearl white with grey wheels...

I absolutely LOVE the car..

Ive driven about 80 miles so far, but I had some questions / thoughts wanted to get some input...

I have the Tesla grin for sure while writing this even!!

On the highway today I noticed the car has some vibration (ac was off), and it feels like a balance issue, or even a bent rim, but here in NC we don't have many potholes at all.

It also pulls to the right a little...

Secondly I noticed an indentation on the frunk, small crease, in florescent light. It isn't obvious, but I can see it..

Lastly, does the audio take time to be "broken in"?? I don't find the speakers to be stellar, and I hear some buzzing or crackling, not tight sound as Id expect. I know it isn't the most stellar audio system, but I am not sure what to think. I was just playing the high version of the slacker.

But please feel free to comment, All the guys at the place where I ordered (Chicago) and where I took deliver (raleigh) haven't seen this combo, but it looks phenomenal.
photo[1].JPG
photo.JPG

Welcome!

Sounds like wheel balance/alignment issues. Like any other car company, body panels and alignment, from time-to-time off the factory line, can be askew too.

Take it to Tesla Service, or call if one is not close. They will make it right.

Love your wheels and red calipers, btw!

It only gets better with every mile you put on it. ;)

It also pulls to the right a little...

My Model S is the very first car I've owned (out of, 12?) that drives straight as an arrow, not an inch of pulling. My other cars were reasonably well maintained etc but even after the odd alignment there was usually some very slight drift.

Re the Grin
I'm now up to 7,000 km (4,400 mi) after 3.5 months, many of those miles random driving. My lips ache from the grin. And we are planning a 20,000 km (12,500 mi) journey this summer to CA, NV, AZ, NY, ON, QC, PEI, SK, AB and back home. We never would have attempted that in an ICE! I don't think even that long and protracted journey will wipe the grin off my face, in fact I may require surgery or botox or something to tone it down.

Oh - and btw - congratulations!! The car looks great!

Last edited:
Beautiful!! I love the red calipers :) Keep thinking the glossy red is a more durable paint than the matt grey and will hold up better with time? Anyway, recieving my car next week. Have been waiting since october 1 last year! :eek: