Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW even FOX news is warming up to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know. He was making the same tired lines Eric Bolling was making up until yesterday and something changed. We'll never know why most likely or what he genuinely feels but a lot of people watch his show and trust him so this is really good for Tesla and for moving off these fake arguments into more solid ground.

Eric Bolling is a pea brain with no perspective on what he is talking about. It would have been priceless if O'Reilly had asked him about Ford's loan. I would bet that he doesn't have a clue about it.

O'Reilly is a good at arguing and so it is good to have him fighting for us rather than against us.

I sure hope that since O'Reilly is positive towards Tesla that doesn't cause a bunch of fringe radical left wing people to take an anti-Tesla stance just because they hate O'Reilly. I'm not all that fond of him but he's getting this one right.

I sure hope that since O'Reilly is positive towards Tesla that doesn't cause a bunch of fringe radical left wing people to take an anti-Tesla stance just because they hate O'Reilly. I'm not all that fond of him but he's getting this one right.

Exactly. This can be a problem for both "sides." Bolling is demonstrating this. O'Reilly never actually had an issue with Tesla individually. His issue has always been the government loaning/granting money to companies that go bankrupt. All companies. Not just "green" companies. The issue isn't that Bolling is stupid. It's that he's not man enough to admit that he was, and IS still wrong about Tesla. O'Reilley's point is; now that we're here let's admit that Tesla is a success, and is manufacturing an important product. Give him credit for being honest regardless of which evil empire he works for.

It should be about getting it right. Not blindly following a certain ideology.

I doubt it. Or at least I would hope you are wrong. I imagine when radicals on either side see the other side suddenly change their tune the thought is more "It's about time" or does what happened here, catches you off guard.

I made this point on Reddit as well in a similar thread. I think Tesla is coming out of its niche market story and turning into a great American story. Even if you ignore that Elon is foreign and came to America to fulfill dreams of success and prospering, you still can't hate a company that is innovative and American. I think there comes a point where complaining about a company only gets you so far when they are doing so much good will. I think that is why O'Reilly has turned at this point and is what was stressed in the interview. The company is nothing but good will at this point, they have gone from an under dog story to a success and I think that is what is most compelling. In a time where America is down on innovation and up on cynicism I think generally its refreshing.

*gets off soapbox*

I doubt it. Or at least I would hope you are wrong. I imagine when radicals on either side see the other side suddenly change their tune the thought is more "It's about time" or does what happened here, catches you off guard.
same as in any issue, the radical advocates make a lot of noise while the real truth usually resides at some point in the middle of the spectrum.
I made this point on Reddit as well in a similar thread. I think Tesla is coming out of its niche market story and turning into a great American story.
while some of the more ignorant types might hold elon's s african heritage against him, I think that his heritage is a non issue.

as for awareness, I just drove from NJ to FLA and whenever I stopped people came over asked questions, took pictures and mentioned the 60 minutes tv segment. the exposure of the tesla and the EV experience is beginning to filter down to the masses and it can only be good, the only bad side effect could be crowded super chargers.

as for bolling, I know him a long time and I think the that TV gig has gone to his head, he needs a huge attitude adjustment because he seems to have gone glam and has forgotten his roots.

I doubt it. I despise O'Reilly more than just about anyone.
Not because of his positions, but because of his lack of willingness to listen to an opposing viewpoint. He simply steamrolls right over his opponent rather than actually considering the other position and debating.

I have to reconsider now.
It feels like I woke up in some Bizzaro universe!

And no, I don't feel any less enthusiastic about Tesla, although I feel weird that I am in agreement, for some of the same reasons, as Bill O'Reilly :scared:

I don't know why anyone actually takes these TV and radio clowns seriously. It's all about ratings. I think what they say on air is primarily to be outrageous and encourage followers - it may have nothing to do with what they believe. But then who cares what they believe - or think. I certainly don't.