Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions On Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready to place my order, after a fantastic test drive in San Diego. What does everyone think about this configuration:

85 kWh Model S
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels Included
Tan Nappa Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor Included
Supercharger Enabled Included
Tech Package
Parking Sensors $500
19" Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade Included

Thanks,

Mark

Looks good! One thing I would add is the yacht floor, adds completeness to the interior. With the recent price drop it is at least now a somewhat sane option. I also love the hi-fi sound, but if you're a talk radio kind of guy then you won't miss it.

Looks like a good configuration to me. I would only add the twin chargers, especially if you want the option to install a HPWC at your home later, but it may not be needed for your specific needs. Fog lights and cold weather are the other things I also added but I doubt you need those in Arizona.

Had not considered the Yacht Floor – was considering the center console but once my wife saw the space, she said perfect for her purse.

I am debating about the Dual Chargers but I will not need a HPWC at my home. My compute is 40 miles round trip and I have a 50 Amp welder plug in my garage. Will need to buy the NEMA 6-50 adapter. Not sure if I would ever need the dual chargers on a trip with all the Superchargers in Arizona and California. But it might help future proof the car. I can get to San Diego, Los Angeles and Las Vegas on Superchargers.

You are correct about Tucson. No Fog and no cold.

NO NO NO! Your whole order is wrong. Now please let a complete stranger with no investment in your purchase or who has to live with the choices he/she makes tell you how to spend your hard earned money.

:wink:

I have a question about the twin chargers. You only benefit from them if you're on an 80 amp circuit, right? How common are those out on the road?

A year and a half ago, there were no superchargers. Driving 2500 miles round trip to Canada was interesting, staying at hotels with 14-50 outlets, hitting RV parks in the middle of the day, re-wiring relatives' circuit breakers, making my OWN 6-50 adapter. And I bought a Roadster adapter so I could use three Roadster chargers along the way. I have also used an HPWC 80 amp on the way to Phoenix a few times.

That was then.

Superchargers are everywhere, with more almost every day. We almost never use 80 amp charging, although if I ever needed it these days, I wouldn't be sorry I have it. But for YOU, I am not sure I would recommend it, and even less sure every new Supercharger they put in. You can't compare picking up 160 miles in about the time it takes to grab a snack and hit the bathroom, to using an 80 amp charger for two hours in the middle of the desert at a truck stop. I can now make it to Phoenix on Superchargers alone.

I almost think I would forgo it if I were ordering today. Superchargers will keep you going on trips, and your garage is highly capable of getting you charged at nights.

Good luck!

Getting ready to place my order, after a fantastic test drive in San Diego. What does everyone think about this configuration:

85 kWh Model S
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels Included
Tan Nappa Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor Included
Supercharger Enabled Included
Tech Package
Parking Sensors $500
19" Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade Included

Thanks,

Mark

IT ROCKS!

+1 for the sound if you plan to be in the car a lot.

As for the dual charger, it's only advantageous if there's a charger that puts out more than 40A (ideally 80A) which you have easy access to. This eliminates most public chargers. It is handy if you can afford it and have a high-amp charger that's easily accessible, but I'd rather put the $ into the sound if I had to choose. If you can afford both, go for it, but right now, public chargers greater than 40A are still quite uncommon. All of the ones I've used are 30A or less. With the Supercharger network growing rapidly, you won't really need dual chargers for long distance. If you were in Hawaii, I might tell you otherwise since we're not likely to ever see a Supercharger over here and the SC has HPWC's for us instead.

Lastly, I've never been a fan of the piano black trim. It shows every speck of dust, smudge and fingerprint unless you regularly clean it. I have matte obeche and it' looks awesome and is low maintenance.

Some food for thought...

As for the dual charger, it's only advantageous if there's a charger that puts out more than 40A (ideally 80A) which you have easy access to. This eliminates most public chargers...
Lastly, I've never been a fan of the piano black trim. It shows every speck of dust, smudge and fingerprint unless you regularly clean it. I have matte obeche and it' looks awesome and is low maintenance.

Good comments. I would only add that where I live there are a lot of 80 Amp public charges. One in particular is in Hope, BC which is half way to my vacation home. So, it all depends on where you live as to whether there are 80 Amp public chargers.

On the piano black issue, I keep a small bottle of screen cleaner and microfibre clothes in my car (I use the cloths to cover things until I get the centre console). I find that the screen needs pretty consistent cleaning from finger prints and I do the piano black at the same time. I was at the Florida store where they have the matte obeche on display in a grey car with black leather (similar to my car) and my wife and kids all liked the piano better. But that's a matter of personal taste. No one can be right or wrong. I just think with the constant screen cleaning it's not all that hard to do a couple of extra swipes and keep it nice and clean too.

Thanks for all the comments.

I liked the matte obeche, agree that it is personal taste. I think all the interiors look good. I was surprised how nice the textile seats are also.

I was going to pass on the pano roof because of the Tucson heat, but after my test drive I liked it to much. I figure with limo tint on the pano roof I will be okay.