Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lamborghini Aventador Crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2662fbc42263173ae20271acc43b555f1396340114.jpg

shark.jpg

Last edited:
The Lambo had right of way, but it would appear there is more to this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tador-worth-300-000-speed-215mph-wrecked.html

I am not sure I see the "proof" in that link that he was at fault. While I do agree that driving "aggressively" in London is not a smart move, unless his speed was extremely excessive I still think the Mazda owner pulled out in front of him. Disclaimer: I do not know how fast he was going or the speed limit on that street.
Still, It seems the public wants to make this guy the villain simply because he is young, has a (presumably) beautiful woman with him and is driving a vehicle most of us will never own or drive. That hardly seems fair. I am sure there are accidents involving Teslas where the jealous masses would pile on similarly. The Tesla isn't nearly as expensive but for a large percentage of the population it might as well be priced the same as its more than they can afford and this can lead to the same reaction based on the envy that might result.

I'd call that a big yes.

Although:
- the right of way only extends as far as the other party can predict.
- 2 dumbasses do not make a right

Normal urban speed limit is 30mph, 14 to 15 yards per second. There's a roundabout 100 yards away from the intersection so the estate driver should have been able to see the car.
But the estate driver can reasonably, although foolishly, expect that the Lamborghini driver won't accelerate rapidly beyond the speed limit.
We can't see what happened on the road before the crash, so we can start from an assumption of fault of the Mazda driver but it's not necessarily the case.